I made some fun football food the other evening and I wanted to share with you. These football Rice Krispie treats are the perfecg Football Snack Idea for your football party or tailgate event.
These tasty treats went really fast at my home when I made them for our football viewing. Be sure to add them to your fall snack idealist. You can also make these for football viewing parties.
Note - this post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you, and help maintain this site.
We love football season and celebrating with friends is everything! This easy football dessert recipe is perfect for game viewing and tailgate parties.
When the chocolate has hardened, add football tethering with white icing (1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon water mixed thoroughly).
This recipe is easy to do and you can change it up for other sports too!
Don't forget to pin this recipe idea.
Tailgate Recipe - Football Krispie Treats Football Snack Idea
Football Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet baking chips for topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows a cup at a time and stir until well blended.
- Turn off heat when marshmallows are melted.
- Add cereal slowly and stir with a buttered spoon or spatula to combine.
- Place in a large (buttered) baking pan (cereal should be no more than 1" deep) and cool. Use a football shaped cookie cutter to cut out football shapes after the cereal mixture has cooled.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 cup semisweet baking chips. I used the microwave on 50% power, 30 seconds at a time, until chips melt together.
- Spread over each football and let cool until firm.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Are you a big football fan and do you watch football?