I made some fun football food the other evening and I wanted to share with you. These football Rice Krispie treats are the perfecg Football Snack Idea for your football party or tailgate event.
These tasty treats went really fast at my home when I made them for our football viewing. Be sure to add them to your fall snack idealist. You can also make these for football viewing parties..
Why This Recipe
Easy Recipe. Everyone loves Rice Krispie Treats and this fun twist is always a crowd favorite. Fun to make with simple ingredients and just about 15 minutes of prep time.
Tasty. These chocolate covered rice krispy treats take the fun snack to a new level. If you have never had Rice Crispy Treats with chocolate, you are in for a treat.
Festive. We love football season and celebrating with friends is everything! This easy football dessert recipe is perfect for game viewing and tailgate parties.
- rice kirspie cereal
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
How To Make Rice Krispie Footballs
When the chocolate has hardened, add football tethering with white icing (1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon water mixed thoroughly).
More Game Day Recipe Ideas
This recipe is easy to do and you can change it up for other sports too!
Don't forget to pin this recipe idea.
Tailgate Recipe - Football Krispie Treats Football Snack Idea
Football Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet baking chips for topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows a cup at a time and stir until well blended.
- Turn off heat when marshmallows are melted.
- Add cereal slowly and stir with a buttered spoon or spatula to combine.
- Place in a large (buttered) baking pan (cereal should be no more than 1" deep) and cool. Use a football shaped cookie cutter to cut out football shapes after the cereal mixture has cooled.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 cup semisweet baking chips. I used the microwave on 50% power, 30 seconds at a time, until chips melt together.
- Spread over each football and let cool until firm.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!