This easy jalapeno butter recipe is ready in minutes. Perfect with so many side dishes such as corn, muffins, dinner rolls, fresh bread and potatoes.
Jalapeño butter is a delicious condiment with a little kick from the chilis and it is so easy to make. For an added kick, try it with my Jalapeno Jiffy cornbread.Jump to Recipe
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This flavored butter is so easy to make and it elevates dishes with very little effort.
I love to brush corn and other vegetables with this jalapeño lime butter for a fantastic flavor. Some of the best ways to enjoy it is with grilled steaks, chicken and fish,
This was inspired by my honey butter recipe. Compound butters are an easy way to add a punch of flavor to a dish with very little effort.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe. Refer to the recipe card for the measurements.
- room temperature butter - whipped butter - you can use salted or unsalted butter.
- jalapeno pepper - you will just need one jalapeño pepper for this recipe. Use a fresh jalapeño from you grocery store or garden. Discard stem and seeds. I recommend using gloves to do this.
- fresh lime
- black pepper (optional)
Equipment and Kitchen Tools
- small bowl
- cutting board
- parchment paper or plastic wrap
See recipe card for quantities.
The full recipe instructions for crumbl copycat recipe are in the recipe card, below but here is a step by step overview of the recipe
Finely dice the jalapeno pepper. Use gloves to cut.
Whip butter over medium speed.
Add diced jalapeno pieces.
Add lime juice and blend on low speed or by hand.
Wrap up jalapeno compound butter in parchment paper or plastic wrap and chill overnight.
Hint: lf you are in a hurry, you can place compound butter in the freezer for an hour.
Then unwrap and slice to use.
Substitutions & Variations
- Lime juice - always use fresh lime juice. Never us the bottled kind.
- jalapeño honey butter- add a little bit of honey to the butter before chilling.
- lemon juice - you can easily switch this up with lemon juice in the place of lime juice - great for shrimp and seafood.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
You can serve this butter with more than just cornbread. This savory compound butter goes well with sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, sourdough bread, french bread and grilled steaks.
Store wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
These ingredients do/don't stand up well to freezing.
Top tips & Time-savers
- Make the lime juice ahead of time.
- You can use some of this butter to make a delicious spiced garlic bread.
- Make sure that the jalapeno pepper is finely chopped
Compound Butter is butter mixed with ingredients to create a flavored or herbed butter.
Yes, it can be frozen for up to three months.
More Things to Make with Jalapenos
Jalapeño Poppers - Jalapeno poppers made with cream cheese and Parmesan.
Simple Jalapeno Dip - A delicious dip with a kick
Corn Dip with Jalapeños - The BEST corn dip ever.
Herb Butter Recipe - another great basic compound butter recipe.
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime about 4 teaspoons
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended
- Place butter on parchment paper, cover and roll into log
- Twist ends of parchment paper
- Chill in refrigerator at least 24 hours before serving
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
It looks SO good. I love butter, and everything about it too!