These Chorizo Potatoes are a delicious way to add some spice and flavor to potatoes. I love these for breakfast or brunch and they are even better with a fried egg on top.Jump to Recipe
Sometimes it feels like breakfast needs a little change up and these Chorizo breakfast potatoes are a simple and tasty way to change it up. Chorizo is a flavorful way to spice up dishes.
Hello Friends! Today I wanted to share a delicious side dish that has been a staple in our family forever. These chorizo and potatoes are a wonderful way to change up breakfast. My mother used to make these a lot when I was a kid.
This Chorizo and Potato recipe is one we make often and usually on the weekends. It is perfect as a side dish or with a fried egg on top. It also makes a great skillet breakfast base. It is made with just a few ingredients too!
List of main ingredients:
Potatoes – I love the taste and consistency I get with Russet Potatoes. These are always the type of potatoe I choose.My second choice would be Yukon Gold.
Chorizo - For this recipe, you want to use Mexican Chorizo, not Spanish Chorizo. There is a big difference in that Mexican chorizo is softer and ground and uncooked - kind of like the consistency of ground beef. Spanish chorizo is a cured meat and is more like salami and while it is good for many dishes, I do not use it for this recipe. Note that there are two major types of Mexican Chorizo - beef and pork. I use beef chorizo, although you can use pork as well.
For more great breakfast recipes ideas, check out:
- Chorizo and Egg Burritos - These simple Breakfast Burritos are not only easy to make, they are deliciously filled with eggs, chorizo and cheese. These hot and cheesy burritos are the perfect way to start the day.
- Bacon Hash Browns – A delicious and memorable breakfast side dish that has been pinned thousands of times.
- Bacon Sausage Breakfast Tacos – A wonderful breakfast twist on the traditional taco recipe. Great for a breakfast bar!
How to make Chorizo Potatoes
Chorizo Potatoes Recipe
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 oz Mexican Chorizo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Peel and dice the potatoes.
- 2. Over medium high heat, melt the butter in the skillet and add potatoes. Cook 7-8 minutes until potatoes are nearly fully-cooked.
- 3. Make a space in the center of that pan for the chorizo. Remove any casing from the chorizo prior to adding to the pan.
- 4. Cook the chorizo and the potatoes for another 6-8 minutes until chorizo is fully cooked and clings to potatoes. Stir well to coat all the potatoes.
You can peel and precut the potatoes ahead of time and store them in water in the refrigerator.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram, and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.Jump to Recipe
Wow, they look so flavorful. Now that we're growing our own potatoes, we welcome all potatoes recipes. It's like.. my favorite food.
My husband loved my potatoes this way. Such great spice and flavor!
Oh my holy heaven! This is scrumptious! I've never met a potato that I didn't immediately love, but the spicy kick from the Mexican chorizo takes these over the top. So delicious!
This is a great addition to our breakfast rotation. The chorizo really helps wake you up!