This easy Lemon Bundt Cake with Poppyseeds is a lovely dessert cake to take to potlucks and barbecues. Made with a boxed cake mix in a bundt pan with a light lemon glaze.
My friend Katia gave me this recipe and I made a few changes to the original recipe. It is a perfect cake for spring or summer and had poppyseeds too!
Hello Friends! How is your week going? Today I am sharing a delicious dessert idea that is perfect for the season.
This cake is light and flavorful. I just used a few poppy seeds, but you can add more if you like.
List of main ingredients:
Boxed Cake Mix – You can use a Lemon or Yellow Cake Mix. If you use a Yellow cake mix, add 1 teaspoon of lemon extract.
Instant Pudding - I recommend Vanilla for a creamy tasting cake.
Poppy Seeds - I prefer soaking these in milk a couple of hours prior to baking. But you can skip soaking them if you run out of time.
How to make Lemon Bundt Cake with Poppy Seeds
The full recipe is below, but the major steps are:
- Mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Grease bundt pan with shortening or butter and then flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Smooth the batter so it is spread evenly before baking.
Once the cake is baked, let it sit and cool and then invert and cool completely before frosting.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
More Easy Dessert Ideas
Lemon Jello Cake - So simple, delicious and perfect for the season.
Dole Whip Cupcakes - A fun and festive twist on a favorite Disney dessert.
Mango Coconut Cake -super easy to make and is perfect for all of your upcoming celebrations! Made with fresh mango and topped with a lovely cream cheese frosting, it is sure to become a favorite recipe!
Tres Leches Cake - A beautiful cake with three types of milk, topped with frosting and fresh fruit
Sour Cream Lemon Cookies - Deliciously light cookies with lemon and a light icing.
Lemon Lush - A beautiful and tasty layered dessert.
Old Fashioned Hummingbird Cake- A delicious southern classic
Mix together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk in a small bowl and blend until there are no lumps. Drizzle on cooled cake.
Lemon Bundt Cake
- 1 box Yellow or Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 5.1 oz. Vanilla Instant Pudding
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Soak the poppy seeds in milk in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cake mix, vanilla pudding, eggs, vegetable oil, water, and sherry.
- Drain poppy seeds and add to mixture.
- Pour into a pre-greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake 45 - 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and frost with lemon glaze.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!