These Easy Scalloped Potatoes are deliciously simple and are made in the oven with a little milk, butter, and a hint of cheese. Seriously good as a side dish for any meal, any season of the year.
Scalloped potatoes are often thought of as hard to make, but once you see how easy they are to make, I guarantee you will make them again. These go great with so many dishes, like my French Onion Chicken recipe.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? We are enjoying the cool weather of the season and I fell tiny hints of fall weather here and there. The evenings are coming earlier and there is a brisk wind in the air.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty side dish to put together quickly. I love potatoes and this recipe is a classic when it comes to oven-baked scalloped potatoes. These are so good and while they take a little time to bake, they are far better than the boxed variety.
Today’s Easy Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a wonderful potato side dish for any day.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out:
- Potato Wedges - Super easy to make and there are lots of varieties to this recipe.
- Baked Sweet Potatoes - A wonderful fall favorite that is more savory than sweet.
- Chorizo Potatoes - A flavorful twist on potatoes that is great for breakfast too!
- Garlic Parmesan Potato Skewers - Delicious russet potatoes served on a skewer that is big on TikTok.
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham - A delicious and inexpensive meal idea that is so comforting!
- Roasted Smashed Potatoes - A delicious way to enjoy potatoes as a side dish.
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes - Let your crockpot make the potatoes!
Ingredients for Scallped Potatoes:
Potatoes – of course, they are the star of this show. I like to use russet potatoes for this recipe.
Milk – I use 2% milk for this recipe and it works well.
Butter - I am all about using real butter in my recipes, but margarine will work too.
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe Variation
Onions– You can add a layer of sliced white or yellow onions if you wish.
How to make Scalloped Potatoes
These are so easy to make, the full recipe follows, but here are the main steps:
2. Slice potatoes
3. Layer potatoes in the pan.
4. Top with milk and bake.
What is the difference between Au Gratin Potatoes and Scalloped Potatoes?
Au gratin potatoes are made by adding cheese to the recipe
How can I Make Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes?
Add ¾ cup of shredded Gruyere Cheese before baking.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe - I think you family will love it!
Easy Scalloped Potatoes
Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1.2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350•
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Slice potatoes about ¼" thick.
- Grease a 13" x 9" pan with butter or margarine.
- Later potatoes in a single layer in pan
- In a saucepan, heat butter and flour over low until it makes a thick roux.
- Top the potatoes with ½ of the flour mixture by placing dollops of the flour mixture on potatoes.
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper
- Layer another layer of potatoes and roux.
- Top with final potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.