These copycat Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies are magical. Everyone will be amazed and delighted to eat cookies that taste just like the ones at the bakery without the crazy price tag.
Gooey chocolate chips in traditional cookie batter are taken over the top with this bakery-inspired variation to the recipe. The texture is perfection for these delicious cookies.Jump to Recipe
Why You'll Love This Crumble Copycat Recipe
Tasty. Delicious chocolate chip cookies taste just like the ones you buy in the crumbl store bakery.
Fast. The best thing is that there is no driving or complicated steps. These cookies come out perfectly and quickly.
Popular. Everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie. It tastes like home and it is sure to be a family favorite.
- Baking Sheets. You will need two cookie sheets
- Parchment Paper. So you don't have to wash the baking sheets.
- Electric Hand Mixer with paddle attachment or Stand Mixer. Either will work. A hand mixer is easier to get out just for making cookies.
- Large Cookie Scoop. The 3 Tablespoon capacity scoop will make a good copycat cookie dough balls.
Ingredients for Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Butter. Sub with a non-dairy butter if you prefer. Use cold butter and not room temperature butter.
- Granulated Sugar. White sugar.
- Brown Sugar. Dark or light brown sugar.
- Eggs. We use large eggs when baking.
- Vanilla. You can also substitute with vanilla bean paste.
- All-Purpose Flour. Substitute with your favorite gluten-free all-purpose one-for-one flour if needed.
- Corn Starch. Surprise! Not a normal cookie ingredient, but this works to improve the texture.
- Baking Soda. This gives the cookies rise.
- Baking Powder. It adds a little softness and fluffiness.
- Salt. For chemistry.
- Milk Chocolate Chips. The Crumbl chocolate chip cookies get extra sweetness from the milk chocolate variety.
How to Make Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies
The full recipe instructions for crumbl copycat recipe are in the recipe card, below but here is a step by step overview of the recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°F and get your pan ready. Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
Add the wet ingredients (egg and vanilla). Mix until light in color and creamy.
Prepare the flour mixture: (flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt) and mix them into the dough with an electric mixer over medium speed. Mix until completely combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips
Portion out the dough, roll them into balls, and place them on the baking sheets, spacing them out on the pan. You will only want six per sheet. They will spread as they bake.
Bake for 12-14 mins until edges are lightly golden. Allow the baked cookies to cool on the pan for 15 min before removing them to a cooling rack.
Tips for Great Results
This recipe makes amazing chocolate chip cookies. The soft cookies will be puffy when they are removed from the oven. They may or may not flatten as they cool-this is dependent upon how long you mix them and the temperature of the butter.
For a puffier cookie: Use cold butter. A soft and chewy cookie is the result of room-temperature butter.
For smaller cookies, make smaller 1 ½" balls and bake time will be a little less.
For best results, don't overbake the cookies. As the edges start to turn golden brown ever so slightly, it's time to take them out. Thick cookies do not usually look done when you take them out of the oven. Remember they will finish the baking process as they cool down on the baking sheet.
Store your leftover cookies in a freezer-quality plastic bag. or airtight container. Even though you won't necessarily be putting them in the freezer - this type of bag is better quality and will keep the cookies better. Your leftover Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies will keep for 2-4 days in the plastic bag or you can freeze them for up to three months. Perfect for lunch boxes and afternoon snacks!
More Great Copycat Recipes
- Starbucks Strawberry Acai Refresher Recipe (Copycat)
- Chocolate Frappe Starbucks Copycat
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
- Wendy's Chili Recipe Copycat
- Classic chocolate chip cookie recipe
Crumbl Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 parchment-lined baking sheets
- Electric hand or stand mixer
- Large Cookie Scooper
- ¾ cups 1 ½ sticks butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour scooped and leveled
- 1.5 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until light in color and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt), mix into the dough. Mix until completely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Portion out the dough, spacing them out.
- Roll into a ball using a cookie scoop. Set 2" apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 mins until edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
(they may or may not flatten as they cool-this is dependent upon how long you mix them and if the temperature of the butter. For a puffier cookie: Use cold butter. A soft and chewy cookie is the result of room-temperature butter.