This chocolate frappe Starbucks copycat drink is a frosty, rich and full of decadent chocolate flavor.
My version has coffee in it because the frozen coffees are the best drinks, but you can leave it out if you wish. Fun fact - the Double Chocolate Chip Créme Frappuccino does not have coffee in it.
Like my Salted Caramel Cold Brew, this copycat recipe is super easy!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This is easy to make and a perfect iced coffee for any chocolate lover. This copycat version of Starbucks Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino can be made at home for a fraction of the cost at the coffee shop. Be your own Starbucks barista and save!
This Starbucks chocolate chip Frappuccino can be changed up easily to enjoy your own mocha drink. While this version has chocolate chips to mimic the java chips, you can also make this with white chocolate chips.
This copycat Starbucks drink has the creamy taste of mocha and milk and is topped with shipped cream and a chocolate drizzle.
This is so easy to make.
Starbucks Frappaccino Copycat Recipe Ingredients
This homemade Chocolate Chip Frappuccino recipe made with freshly brewed espresso, and just a few simple ingredients:
- vanilla extract or vanilla syrup
- chocolate sauce
- chocolate chips
- ice cubes
- whipped cream
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make A Chocolate Frappe Starbucks
First Step: Melt a few of chocolate pieces in the microwave. Take some melted chocolate and brush the inside of the glass.
Second step: Pour the espresso, milk, sugar, chocolate sauce and vanilla in a blender and blend on medium about 45-60 seconds.
Third Step: Pour ice in glass and pour the expresso mixture in the glass.
Final Step:Top with whipped cream and then some chocolate chips or chocolate pieces.
Hint: This easy recipe can be easily double or tripled.
This is an easy recipe to make substitutions.
- Milk -you can use low-fat milk, soy milk, coconut milk or almond milk in place of the whole milk
- Without Espresso - You can skip the espresso and use milk for a coffee-free version.
- Whipping Cream - you can make your own by whipping up some heavy cream or use store-bought.
For the topping, you can use mini chocolate chips, cookie crumbs, chocolate pieces (like from a candy bar) or chocolate sprinkles.
- Shake Like - If you like a thicker consistency, like that of a chocolate shake, you can add ¼ teaspoon of Xanthium gum, before blending. Or you can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- For less caffeine in this cold Starbucks beverage, you can use a cup of coffee with a single shot of espresso.
- Kid friendly - leave out the espresso
- For the mocha drizzle, you can use grocery store chocolate sauce or your own chocolate syrup recipe
- Secret Menu style- for another guilty pleasure, Add 2 pumps of hazelnut syrup to this recipe for a fun secret menu copycat drink - the Ferrero Rocher Frappuccino.
This drink is best enjoyed when it is made. Store leftovers it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Copycat Starbucks Drinks & Treats
We hope you loved this copycat Starbucks Chocolate Chip Creme Frappuccino recipe. Have fun with it and experiment with some different flavors.
Chocolate Frappe Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- 1 cup espresso
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- 1 cup ice
- whipped cream.
- chocolate chips for decoration;
- Make the espresso and let cool a bit.
- Melt a few of chocolate pieces in the microwave. Take some melted chocolate and brush the inside of the glass.
- Pour the espresso, milk, chocolate sauce, sugar and vanilla in a blender and blend on medium about 45-60 seconds.
- Pour ice in glass and pour the expresso mixture in the glass
- Top with whipped cream and then some chocolate chips or chocolate pieces.
We hope you enjoyed this easy frozen popsicle recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here.
I share simple recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.