This Salted Caramel Cold Brew is refreshing and a delicious Starbucks copycat recipe. It is the perfect cold coffee beverage for a warm day.
A copycat Starbucks salted caramel cold brew is refreshing and so easy to make. It is deliciously refreshing over ice and not overly sweet.
Why You Will Love This Cold Brew Recipe
Once I started making my own cold brew ended up enjoying this tasty drink at least once a week during the season.
Salted caramel cream cold brew coffee, just takes a few simple ingredients. Making your own cold brew coffee is cheaper than getting one at the coffee shop.
The cold foam topping is so good and makes a smooth cold brew. This Starbucks salted caramel cream cold brew works well with any variety of grocery store coffee.
The best part is this copycat recipe only takes a few minutes to make if you have the cold brewed coffee made ahead of time. It's one of my favorite Starbucks drinks. Like this Butter Pecan Iced Coffee recipe, I can make this iced coffee in minutes.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe. Refer to the recipe card for the measurements.
- cold brew coffee - homemade instructions are below or you can try a pre-made brand.
- heavy cream or half and half - either works great
- caramel sauce - try this homemade caramel sauce recipe.
- vanilla syrup
- ice cubes
- pinch of sea salt
See recipe card for quantities.
The full recipe instructions for this copycat recipe are in the recipe card, below but here is a step by step overview.
Make the Homemade Cold Brew (directions below) or use a cold brew from the grocery store. In a bowl or glass, mix one teaspoon of the caramel sauce with the cold brew.
Make the foam using an immersion blender or frother to whip up the heavy cream or half and half.
Add a teaspoon of caramel sauce to the milk mixture and blend.
Pour the cold brew coffee on ice. Top with sweet cream foam. Add a sprinkle of salt and enjoy!
How To Make Cold Brew Coffee
To make the cold brew, you will need a mason jar or similar container. You will also need a coffee grinder.
Grind 1 cup of coffee beans and add to a mason jar or pitcher with 4 cups water. Cover and steep for 10-12 hours or overnight. This can be done at room temperature.
Using a fine strainer or sieve, pour the coffee into a mason jar over a coffee filter. The cold brew is ready to serve, use in this recipe or store in a refrigerator.
Substitutions & Variations
Giving the visitor ideas on how they can change this recipe to better suit their dinner guests, or their cultural cuisine, is a great way to increase the chances they make the recipe
- cold brew concentrate - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish, or banana peppers
- caramel cold brew - add a drizzle of caramel syrup
- sweet drink: This is not a super sweet drink, you can add a little simple syrup or a drizzle of caramel sauce, if desired.
- milk - You can try soy milk or coconut milk in place of the half and half.
If you have a french press this is a great drink to use it.
A milk frother works well too, but you can use a small whisk.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
It is best to make the cold brew with freshly ground coffee beans. Grind the coffee coarsely, which you can do yourself at home or wherever you buy the beans. The beans should resemble cookie crumbs and not be a powder.
For best results use filtered water to make homemade cold brews.
Yes, the water to coffee ratio is much lower than normal coffee and it has much more caffeine than the same amount of drip coffee.
The slow brewing method allows the coffee flavor from the beans to steep and leave the acidic bitterness behind, resulting in a smooth cold brew.
More Iced Coffee Recipes
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte - A great way to welcome fall.
More Starbucks Copycat Cold Drinks
- Paradise Refresher Drink
- Strawberry Acai Lemonade
- Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
- Dole Whip Frappuccino
- Baileys Coffee Floats -
- Starbucks Chocolate Chip Frappe
Salted Caramel Cold Brew
- 2 teaspoons caramel sauce
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
- ½ cup half & half
- Brew freshly ground coffee with cold water.
- Strain with a cheesecloth or strainer.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Add 1 tablespoon of caramel syrup, beat in a blender on low speed.
- Separately mix well the cream-milk half & half, vanilla syrup and the rest of the all caramel sauce in a blender.
- You will get a cold sweet foam.
- Pour ice into a glass for serving, add cold coffee.
- Just before serving, pour in cold foam.
- Stir before use.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share delicious recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!