Are you ready for pumpkin spice season? The fall always brings a craving for warm and comforting flavors. One of the most beloved drinks during this time of year is the Iced Pumpkin Spiced Latte. There's no need to leave the house for a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte though!
You can make your own at home! This homemade pumpkin spice latte is a delightful blend of pumpkin, spices, and espresso, creating a creamy and flavorful beverage that is perfect for those who love the taste of autumn.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Rich and creamy: The combination of milk and pumpkin puree gives this latte a luscious and creamy texture.
Warm fall flavors: The pumpkin pie spice adds a delightful blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, capturing the essence of the season.
Customizable: You can use your favorite milk, such as oat milk, coconut milk, or soy milk, to make this recipe suitable for your dietary preferences.
Quick and easy: With simple ingredients and basic steps, you can whip up this delicious drink in no time.
Whether you're a fan of Starbucks' famous pumpkin spice latte or simply enjoy a tasty warm coffee beverage, this recipe is sure to become a favorite!
Ingredients for Homemade Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Espresso shots - or strong brewed coffee
- Milk - whole milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or soy milk (whatever you prefer!)
- Pure pumpkin puree
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream - plus extra pumpkin pie spice for topping (optional)
Equipment and kitchen tools
- Large measuring cup
- Milk frother or immersion blender
- Tall serving glass
How to Make Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
Pour the espresso or strong brewed coffee into the glass.
In a large measuring cup, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt.
Use a milk frother or immersion blender to blend the mixture until it becomes creamy and well combined.
Pour the pumpkin-spiced milk mixture over the espresso in the glass.
Now you have your iced pumpkin latte and you need some whipped cream.
If desired, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Stir gently and enjoy your homemade Iced Pumpkin Spiced Latte!
Tips for the Best Results
- For a stronger coffee flavor, use extra espresso.
- If you don't have an espresso machine, you can use a French press or a single-serve coffee maker to brew strong coffee.
- To make coffee ice cubes, brew extra coffee and pour it into an ice cube tray. Use these cubes instead of regular ice cubes to prevent diluting the flavor.
- Adjust the sweetness to your preference by adding more or less maple syrup.
- For a vegan version, substitute the milk with your favorite non-dairy milk and omit the whipped cream topping or use a dairy free version.
Substitutions and Variations
- Instead of pumpkin puree, you can use pumpkin pie filling for a sweeter and more spiced flavor.
- Make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice blend by combining cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger in the desired proportions.
- Add a drizzle of homemade pumpkin spice syrup or vanilla syrup for an extra touch of sweetness.
- Experiment with different types of milk to find your favorite combination of flavors.
- Fee free to make your own homemade whipped cream to top this yummy pumpkin latte!
Absolutely! Regular cow's milk works perfectly in this recipe. Feel free to use your favorite type of milk.
Store any leftover pumpkin puree in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze it for longer shelf life.
Certainly! Simply multiply the ingredients accordingly to make a larger batch. Adjust the sweetness and spice levels to your liking.
More great coffee drinks
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- 2 shots of express or ½ cup of strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin puree
- ½ tbsp. Maple syrup
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream and extra pumpkin pie spice for topping optional
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour in espresso.
- In a large measuring cup, use a milk frother or immersion blender to blend together milk,
- pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the mixture over the espresso.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share great recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!