This Irish Cream Coffee or Bailey's coffee is a great way to enjoy hot coffee. Irish cream liqueur adds a nice Irish cream flavor and is topped with whipped cream.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Tasty The flavors in this Irish cream coffee drink are delicious, yet subtle. It is the perfect hot drink for a chilly evening or cold day.
Cheap No need to run to the coffee shop to get a flavored coffee. You can easily make this Irish cream coffee recipe at home for pennies.
Festive This is a fun Irish Whiskey drink to serve after dinner or popular drink at a St. Patrick's Day party or tea. It is a great way to celebrate the season with a festive drink. It is also a nice holiday menu addition for Christmas morning.
Bailey's Irish Coffee Ingredients
- coffee - No need for specialty coffee, just use your favorite regular coffee brand.
- Bailey's Irish Cream - in the liquor department of your favorite grocery store.
- heavy whipping cream
- cinnamon or chocolate shavings
See recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Irish Cream coffee
Make your favorite coffee or expresso in a coffee maker or using a pour over.
Add Irish Cream.
Make whipped cream or use a prepared whipped cream
Top coffee with cream and add a little cinnamon sprinkle. Serve immediately.
Substitutions & Variations
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- cocoa powder - an optional garnish is a sprinkle of cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles.
- Espresso - can be substituted for the coffee.
- Added sweetness - Add a little brown sugar, vanilla syrup or simple syrup
- Decaf - Use decaf coffee instead of caffeinated coffee.
Classic Irish coffees are
Almost. Irish Cream syrup is added to cold brew, coffee and then topped with a creamy cold foam.
It is made from Irish whiskey, cream and other flavorings.
Baileys coffee is a spin on Irish coffee using Baileys Irish Cream instead of cream and sugar. Irish coffee is a classic cocktail you probably already know: warm coffee with a shot of Irish whiskey, topped with whipped cream.
Yes, by using Irish cream coffee creamer in place of Irish cream liqueur.
More Classic coffee drink ideas for coffee lovers
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with a specialty coffee.
Irish Cream Coffee
- 6 oz. hot coffee
- 3 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
- Sweetened whipped cream for topping
- Cinnamon for topping optional
- Pour coffee into your favorite coffee mug.
- Add Baileys Irish Cream
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Ooh, cinnamon too. This is one of my favorites!! I'll be making these this weekend.
I love to drink an Irish Cream on a snowy day and sit by the fire. Well actually, I just love to drink them all year, too! 🙂
Same here and today is really cold! Thanks for stopping by Brooke!
So perfect for St Patrick's Day Raquel.
Thank you for sharing your Irish Coffee Cream recipe at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tomorrow's party and pinning too.
Thanks so much Kerryanne!