These Baileys Jello shots are so much fun to serve at a St. Patrick's Day party or just as a fun happy hour treat.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Festive. These fun Jello shots are the perfect sweet treat to make for your holiday party any time of year. (These are great for the winter holiday season holiday parties too!)
Easy. these delicious shots only take a few minutes of prep and they are ready to pop in the refrigerator to set. They are sure to be a huge hit at your next part.
Tasty. Irish cream liqueur, whipped cream and clear gelatin come together for a delicious cocktail with this simple recipe.
- Irish Cream liqueur - I like Bailey's but you can use what you find at your grocery store.
- gelatin - You will need 2 packets of unflavored gelatin
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- hot water
- cold water
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots
Step One - Place two cups of hot water in a saucepan on the stove. Add 3 tablespoons condensed milk and bring to boil over medium heat. Turn off burner. Whisk in Knox clear gelatin until completely dissolved in the hot water mixture.
Step Two - In a separate bowl or measuring cup, add one cup Bailey's Irish cream and one cup water. Blend well.
Step Three - Whisk the Irish Cream mixture into the Knox gelatin into the milk mixture until well blended.
Step Four- Pour jello mixture into plastic shot cups (about ⅔ full). Refrigerate overnight if possible.
Top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate bits.
Substitutions & Variations
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Cool Whip - may be used as a substitute for whipped cream.
- Chocolate Sprinkles - in place of the shavings
- Vegetarian - th
Store leftover shots in the refrigerator.
Top Timesaving Tips
- Double the recipe for big batch shots
- These can be made ahead of time. Be sure to top shot cups with plastic wrap before refrigerating.
- Top shots with chocolate sprinkles
While I like to have them set 8-10 hours or overnight, they can be ready to enjoy in about 4 -5b hours.
No, they do not freeze well.
Yes, they can easily be prepared a day or two beforehand. For best results, do not top with whipped cream until the day it is to be served.
More Tasty Treats for Saint Patrick's Day
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
More Bailey's Recipes
More fun recipes with Irish Cream Liqueur:
Baileys Jello Shots
- Large Bowl
- large measuring cup
- small saucepan
- plastic shot glasses
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3 packages Knox clear gelatin
- 1 cup Bailey's Irish cream
- 1 cup cold water
- whipped topping for topping
- dark chocolate shaved for topping
- Place two cups hot water an three tablespoons sweetened condensed milk into a sauce pot on medium heat on the stove.
- Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Add the Knox clear gelatin and whisk until dissolved.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, our in one cup Bailey's Irish cream and one cup water. Whisk well.
- Pour into the jello shot cups 5.5 oz (large) or 2.2 oz. cups (small). Place in the refrigerator 3-4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve top with whipped topping and grated dark chocolate.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Leave a Reply