If you are looking for some fun and festive St. Patrick's Day dessert ideas, I am sharing a fun recipe for Easy Irish Cream Cupcakes. These are baked with Irish cream and frosted with a buttercream icing.
What makes these easy is they start from a boxed cake mix. I incorporated Irish Cream into the cupcakes and into the frosting for a deliciously flavored cupcake. Super easy and fun if you are heading to a St. Patrick's Day celebration. They are so festive with my Irish Cream Brownies. These contain Irish Cream so this dessert is for the grown-ups only.
Hi Friends! March had come into my life with lots of clouds and rain. We have not had this much rain in several years. Rainy weather puts me in the mood to bake so yesterday I made these fun cupcakes to celebrate St. Patrick's day a little early.
Life is all about celebrating the little moments and there is always something to celebrate in life, so why not celebrate with cupcakes right?
These are fun and delicious!
If you like Irish Cream, I think you will enjoy these cupcakes. I used a butter chocolate cake mix for the base, but you can use any type of chocolate cake boxed cake mix. Milk chocolate, Chocolate Fudge, Devils food and Deluxe chocolate cake mix will all work.
For the sprinkles, you can find them here. I suggest ordering them early so you have them in time for the holiday. They also go great on ice cream too!
For a kid-friendly cupcake recipe, you can check out this Shamrock Cupcake recipe.
But these are special for the adults...
And for more great St. Patrick ideas, be sure to check out
- these fun and festive St. Patrick's Day Dessert Recipes
- St. Patrick Day Dinner Ideas
- Shamrock Recipe Ideas - all in the shape of shamrocks
- Easy Rainbow Cupcakes - colorful cupcakes topped with a candy rainbow.
Please don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Easy Irish Cream Cupcakes
Irish Cream Cookies
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup Irish Cream Liqueur
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350•
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour batter into cupcake pan and bake 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
- You can make the cupcakes the day before using it.
- This recipe also works as a cake recipe, but you will need to double the frosting recipe or make it a naked cake (with a little icing on the sides.
- You can make the frosting ahead of time and keep in in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Easy Irish Cream Frosting
3 cups Powdered Sugar
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup Irish Cream Liqueur
¼ cup Heavy cream or milk
Mix softened butter, Irish Cream Liqueur, milk and 1 cup sugar in a bowl.
Gradually add remaining sugar and blend well after each cup,
A stand or hand mixer is recommended for making this frosting.
Frost cooled cupcakes with a knife or using a decorating tip.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!