This easy Blueberry Scones recipe is so easy to make and is a wonderful way to enjoy the season. These are the perfect treat with your morning coffee or as a tea party food.
These are perfect for a tea party or as a dessert and go great with hot vanilla milk.
Hi Friends! It has been chilly here lately so I have been baking up some treats for a little comfort. Today’s recipe is perfect for a spring tea party, Easter brunch or family picnic. These are made with fresh blueberries, but you can make them with frozen if you do not have fresh on hand.
Equipment Tips for Blueberry Scones
- When you are making the dough, it is really helpful to have a good pastry cutter to help you work the dough.
- Bake on a prepared baking sheet with >parchment paper.
Ingredients for Blueberry Scones
List of main ingredients.
Blueberries – of course, they are the star of this show. Fresh blueberries are relatively inexpensive and they are so juicy and delicious in these.
Lemon – You will want to use fresh lemon for the glaze. Lemon rind adds a lovely flavor to the simple icing recipe
For more great easy scone recipes ideas, check out:
- Pumpkin Scones – One of our favorite recipes made with pumpkin and spice.
- Banana chocolate chip scones – A nice combination of chocolate and banana in a perfect breakfast bread.
- Simple Scone Recipes – Check out this compilation of scones recipes – perfect for tea parties.
- Cinnamon Sugar Scones – A delicious scone recipe that is perfect year-round
- Easy Blueberry Crisp – A delicious buttery crisp made with fresh blueberries.
Please help us get the word out and pin this recipe.
Blueberry Scones With Icing
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup washed blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1.Preheat oven to 425° .
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter thoroughly.
3. Add the egg and milk until blended. Add the fruit, just until moistened.
4. Knead the dough against the bowl until the dough starts sticking together.
5. Move the dough to a floured surface and form into about an 8" round circle.
6. Cut the dough into wedges.
7. Place each wedge on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper 2" apart.
8. Brush each piece with milk and sprinkle with a little bit of sugar.
9. Bake 14-16 minutes until golden brown.
10. Frost with icing.
Easy Lemon Icing Recipe
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon juice from one lemon
1 tablespoon lemon rind
Mix together powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind in a small bowl.
Drizzle over scones once they have cooled completely.
- You can make the dough ahead of time and store the dough in your refrigerator. I highly recommend making them the day or morning of and then you can bake them and have them ready to decorate later.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. This really saves on clean up and makes the cookies easy to lift off of the pan.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Thanks for stopping by! If you try this blueberry scone recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!