This easy Pumpkin Scones recipe is made with canned pumpkin and is an easy scones recipe with a simple scone glaze.
Thispumpkin scones Starbucks Copycat recipe makes a wonderful scone with delicious pumpkin flavor for your next brunch or tea party!Jump to Recipe
Hello & Happy Fall! It is feeling a little like it too. It is only in the evenings, but I definitely can feel that cool fall breeze at night. When I hear the leaves rustling on the sidewalk, it gets me a little giddy for the season. It also reminds me of some of the scary movies I used to watch when I was younger.
Does it feel like fall where you are yet? Are you seeing changing leaves? We do not get that so much here, but I like to decorate so it feels like fall.
Why This Recipe?
Today’s easy and delicious pumpkin scones recipe results in sweet flaky scones that are full of fall flavors. To me, these homemade scones taste better than the ones you find at the coffee shop.
It is a great way to used canned pumpkin and incorporates the taste of pumpkin spice into your life and they are so good!
I am a big scones fan because this time of year, I love a little sweet treat (that isn’t too sweet) to go with my hot tea or cocoa. You may remember my tea party chocolate chip scones from a couple of years ago.
This weekend I was able to get together with friends for a fun tea party. I highly suggest gathering your tribe together and having a potluck tea. It is a great way to enjoy the season!
Scones are easy to make and I love making the slices from the dough.
Just bake them in the oven for a little while.
Then add a little icing. I like to keep the icing light, but you can make it a little thicker if you want. Before you know it you have a delicious scone! These make a nice side item for a brunch or breakfast, but it can also be a dessert or lunch box treat.
They are perfect and lovely with a bit of icing.
Scone Icing Ideas:
You can also opt to make a little maple icing by adding maple syrup in place of the milk. It will make the scone a little sweeter, but it changes the flavor a bit.
Another nice topping for scones is a chocolate drizzle. Just melt some chocolate chips with butter and drizzle away! Chocolate pretty much works on any sweet flavor scone.
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe.
- Using a pastry cutter will help you work with the dough faster.
- Using canned pumpkin will save you lots of time and it tastes treat, but you can use homemade pumpkin puree too.
- You can use canned frosting and add a little milk to it so that it is a bit thinner, and it will work just fine. Just be sure to let the scones cool to room temperature before icing.
- This recipe is a perfect way to use leftover canned pumpkin this fall. It only uses about half a can so it is perfect.
- Store cooled scones in plastic wrap.
I hoped you love this fun and easy scone recipe! Why not throw a tea party with your girls and enjoy the moments together?
More Delicious Best pumpkin recipes on the island:
- Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake - one of my favorite fall recipes and filled with flavors of fall.
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes - A perfect fall dessert!
- Pumpkin Soup - this Pumpkin Pepper soup is easy to make and a nice savory soup. Also very inexpensive to make.
- Pumpkin Mug Cake – so simple and a quick dessert for one or two people.
- Pumpkin Pecan Cookies - These pumpkin cookies are light and fluffy with crunchy pecans.
- Cinnamon and Sugar Scones - These delicious scones are easy to make and great for brunch or breakfast.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte - make your own at home!
- Pumpkin Mousse - A delicious fluffy and light pumpkin dessert idea!
- Pumpkin Lasagna - A wonderful light layered pumpkin dessert.
Pumpkin Scone Recipe with Scone Icing
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ stick cold butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 • and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients- flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Add butter with a pastry cutter or fork until butter is in small bits and crumbly.
- Add wet ingredients - (pumpkin, milk and egg) and blend well into the flour mixture.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface.
- Shape dough into a circle. Cut into 8 pie pieces using a knife or pizza cutter.
- Bake on a prepared baking sheet - 13-15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool before adding glaze.
Cinnamon Scones Glaze
½ cup powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon milk or heavy cream
Mix thoroughly in a small bowl until desired consistency. Add more sugar to make it thicker or a little more milk to make it thinner.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.