Today I am sharing a fun recipe for banana scones. These tea party scones have chocolate chips in them, but you can omit them or even add nuts if you want.
I made these tea party scones the other day and they bring back so many memories of celebrating spring. My daughter and I have hosted a number of tea parties over the years from kids parties to graduation teas, family teas and mother's day teas.
Tea party menu
- Serve tea party sandwiches made with cucumber and cream cheese, or small ham sandwiches and PB & J sandwiches work too.
- Scones with whipped cream or clotted cream if you want to try making it yourself.
- Cookies and small fruit servings make a fun and festive accompaniment.
- Tea of course! It is good to have a few flavors available and we like serving lemonade too just as an alternative.
Tea Party Decorations
- Flowers are always a nice addition but they can be tissue paper or faux flowers too!
- Linens on the table are a must in my opinion.
- Cute springtime crafted favors on the place setting always look nice.
- Cinnamon and Sugar Scones - These delicious scones are easy to make and great for brunch or breakfast.
- Blueberry Scones - A lovely blueberry scones recipe with a light lemon icing.
- Pumpkin Scones – One of our favorite recipes made with pumpkin and spice.
- Simple Scone Recipes – Check out this compilation of scones recipes – perfect for tea parties.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
Banana Chocolate Chip Scones - Tea Party Scones
Tea Party Scones
- 3 cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana ripe and mashed
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup chocolate chips semi sweet or milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 °
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and then add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Once blended, add banana, whipping cream and chocolate chips
- Place batter on wax paper and make into a round mound, about 1" tall. See photo above.
- Cut into 8 pieces, like a pizza. The pieces, or wedges, should be the same size for even baking.
- Sprinkle with one tablespoon powdered sugar.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 14-16 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar and let cool.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.