I made these tea party scones the other day and they bring back so many memories of celebrating spring. My daughter and I have hosted a number of tea parties over the years from kids parties to graduation teas, family teas and mother’s day teas.
Tea party menu
- Serve tea party sandwiches made with cucumber and cream cheese, or small ham sandwiches and PB & J sandwiches work too.
- Scones with whipped cream or clotted cream if you want to try making it yourself.
- Cookies and small fruit servings make a fun and festive accompaniment.
- Tea of course! It is good to have a few flavors available and we like serving lemonade too just as an alternative.
Tea Party Decorations
- Flowers are always a nice addition but they can be tissue paper or faux flowers too!
- Linens on the table are a must in my opinion.
- Cute springtime crafted favors on the place setting always look nice.
Tea Party Scones
Tea Party Scones
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana ripe and mashed
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips semi sweet or milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 450 °
In a mixing bowl cream butter and then add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Once blended, add banana, whipping cream and chocolate chips
Place batter on wax paper and make into a round mound, about 1" tall. See photo above.
Cut into 8 pieces, like a pizza. The pieces, or wedges, should be the same size for even baking.
Sprinkle with one tablespoon powdered sugar.
Bake on a lined baking sheet for 14-16 minutes until golden brown.
Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar and let cool.