Pumpkin Spice Mousse makes a wonderful fall holiday dessert idea. While it looks elegant, this dessert is actually quite easy to make. The mousse itself just takes 5 ingredients, and with the help of a refrigerated pie crust, you can add an elegant leaf element to the dessert.
Refrigerated pie crusts are also great for making these apple tarts and empanadas too.
Hello Friends! With all the fall flavors swirling around, today I am sharing a simple pumpkin dessert idea with you.
This delightful pumpkin mousse is one of those classic desserts that looks like you spent hours, but in reality, it takes just a little bit of time.
In fact, this whipped pumpkin mousse recipe, just takes about _ minutes preparation time and needs about c hours to chill.
You can use any small cookie cutter you like. Fall leaves always look festive, and you can find this small leaf cookie cutter set here.
These little leaves are not only great for this dessert, but they look cute on anything whipped.
Top with a little cinnamon and your dessert is ready!
It is so fun to add these pie crust cut-outs to dessert. These are also great on pies and cakes too!
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Mousse
Pumpkin Spice Mousse
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Refrigerated pie crust
- Leaf-shaped small cookie cutters can use other small cutters too
- Cinnamon for sprinkling optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Roll out the refrigerated pie crust, and proceed to cut out leaf shapes using the small cookie cutters.
- 3. Place the pie crust leaves on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. While the pie crust leaves are baking, place 1 cup of pumpkin puree, ½ cup of the heavy whipping cream, the pumpkin pie spice and the sugar in a saucepan, and heat for 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- 5. Remove the mixture from the heat, and let it cool completely.
6. Place the remaining cup of heavy whipping cream, and the vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat on high until it forms stiff peaks.
7. Once the pumpkin mixture has cooled, fold it into the whipped cream mixture, and stir to combine completely.
8. Fill four containers with an equal amount of the pumpkin spice mousse, and top with pie crust leaves to serve.
- 9. Top with cinnamon, if desired.
More Pumpkin Desserts
Pumpkin Cookies – delicious soft cookies with peacns.
Pumpkin Scones – perfect for a fall tea or as a snack with coffee
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – our readers love this cookie recipe!
Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake – one of my favorite fall recipes and filled with flavors of fall.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes – A perfect fall dessert!
We hope you loved this fun and simple fall recipe idea.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.