These cold brew coffee floats are the perfect combination of coffee and cold cream for a delicious drink. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these coffee ice cream floats make a cool refreshing drink and are so easy to make.
This simple coffee ice cream float can be made with our without the irish cream. I have made them both ways and they are both tasty!
This is one of our easy drink recipes that you will want to bookmark for later.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Tasty. this is a delicious drink recipe that incorporates the smoothe tast of hot coffee with a cream cool scoop of ice cream.
Easy. This iced coffee float can be made in a matter of minutes. The ingredients are staples that you likely have already on hand.
Fun. Cold brew floats are a nice sweet treat for coffee lovers. Change up the iced latte for a delicious float.
- coffee - i recommend a bold, strong coffee
- your favorite vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- Baileys Irish Cream - optional
See recipe card for quantities.
Substitutions & Variations
- sauce - You can top these floats with caramel sauce in place of chocolate sauce.
- cold brew - The coffee can be your own cold brew or use a cold brew concentrate. See my recipe for cold brew here.
- Ice cream - you can use a different ice cream flavor - french vanilla, chocolate ice cream work well.
- add a topping of your choice - such as whipped cream, chocolate shavings, crushed nuts, or flavored syrups. You might also consider adding a splash of flavored liqueur or a drizzle of caramel sauce for an adult twist.
Step 1 - Place 2-3 ice cream scoops into the glass.
Step 2 - Pour the irish cream over the ice cream.
Step 3 - Add the coffee to the float.
Step 4 - Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Remember to serve with a spoon so that the entire float can truly be savored.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For best results, chill your cups before filling and serving.
I like to use brewed coffee that has been chilled in the refrigerator or even cold brew coffee for a smoother and less acidic flavor.
You can chill the serving glasses or mugs in the freezer before assembling the float. Also, pouring the cold coffee gently over the ice cream and sipping it slowly can help prolong the enjoyment without the ice cream melting too quickl
More Cold Float Recipes
Ice Cream Coffee Floats
- ice cream scoop
- tall glasses or mason jars
- 6 scoops of ice cream we used chocolate and vanilla
- 2 cups coffee slightly cooled
- 4 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
- Whipped cream for topping
- Cherries for topping
- To each glass, add 3 scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Add 2 oz. Baileys Irish Cream.
- Pour 1 cup of coffee over the ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share great recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!