Whipped Coffee has been all the rage recently and this recipe won't disappoint. This new way of enjoying a cold coffee is not only delicious, but it is also incredibly easy to make too!
What is Dalgona Iced Whipped Coffee?
Whipped coffee, also known as Dalgona coffee or whipped iced coffee, is a beverage made by whipping equal proportions of instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until it becomes creamy and then adding it to cold or hot milk. It is a Korean coffee trend that became super popular in the US after recipes for it were shared on Tik Tok.
Why This Recipe
If you have never tried Whipped Coffee, it is a frothy coffee recipe that is like a cool treat on a summer day.
It only requires instant coffee, sugar, a little bit of water and ice, and your choice of milk to make and tastes like a coffee milkshake. You can also make this with brewed coffee, if you don't want to use instant coffee.
This Dalgona coffee drink is so good that you may be reducing your trips to the local Starbucks. It's like adding heavy whipping cream to your coffee, but with fewer calories.
Ingredients For Whipped Coffee
You just need a few ingredients to make this.
Instant Coffee -I know that if you are like me, you don't drink a lot of instant coffee, but this works so well with instant. Individual serving packets of instant coffee come in various strengths and those Starbucks single-serving blends are delicious for this recipe.
Milk - I recommend using regular milk or 2%. Almond milk, Dairy-free milk and Coconut milk will also work. Be sure to use cold milk.
French Vanilla Creamer -Use your favorite brand of French Vanilla.
Water- You will need hot water for this recipe.
Equipment - I strongly recommend using a small handheld frother for this recipe. You can use a hand mixer if you don't have one, but these little frothers are so handy!
How to Make Whipped Coffee
- Place instant coffee, sugar and hot water in a small bowl.
- Whip with an electric frother or mixer.
- Blend coffee mixture for 8-10 min until the mixture gets nice and creamy.
- Pour ice, milk, and creamer into a glass and top with whipped coffee mixture.
Timesaving Tips to make this perfect every time
- Make sure to use a Tall glass or cup when mixing with a frother so that the coffee doesn’t fly everywhere.
- To add a kick of flavor, add caramel sauce or chocolate sauce to the glass before pouring in ice & milk.
- If preparing for several people use a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and let it whip on high for 7-8 mins, multiplying the measurements by the number of glasses you’re serving.
Yes, you can use alternative sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, or agave. You can also use non-dairy milk such as soy milk or almond milk.
You can top the coffee with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, or coconut for an added treat.
Absolutley, just substitute heavy whipping cream for the Vanilla Creamer and add ½ a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
More Delicious Coffee Recipes
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte - A great way to welcome fall.
Hot Apple Cider – A delicious hot apple cider with cinnamon and a hint of orange.
Chocolate– Hot chocolate with the wonderful flavor of hazelnut!
Best Hot Chocolate – My favorite stovetop hot chocolate recipe.
White Hot Chocolate – A wonderful White Chocolate version of hot cocoa.
Baileys Coffee Floats - Delicious iced coffee floats with Baileys!
Starbucks Chocolate Chip Frappe - One of my favorite copycat drink recipes.
Hot Vanilla Milk – Delicious warm drink made without chocolate..
Streusel Coffee Cake - A lovely breakfast cake that goes great with coffee.
Iced Caramel Macchiato - Cool and refreshing and easy to make at home.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup French vanilla creamer
- Combine instant coffee, granulated sugar and hot water in a small bowl.
- Whip with an electric frother or mixer for 8-10 min until nice and creamy.
- Pour ice, milk and the creamer into a glass.
- Top with the whipped coffee.
- Serve immediately
We hope y0u enjoyed this whipped coffee recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share simple recipes and a few things that I don’t share here to help you make the most of the season. I will email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!