A delicious Jarcuterie Dessert idea that makes for a festive presentation! Now more than ever we can appreciate individual desserts and these desserts in a jar can be modified in so many ways.
Made with candied pretzels and candied fruit, these are so colorful on your table. The best part is that you can make ahead these items and just put them together when you are ready. I like to dress up the pretzels the day before.
Why Dessert Jarcuterie?
Individual desserts in a jar are truly appreciated right now. With everyone having their own, you can easily serve these for picnics and parties,
Dessert Jarcuterie can be changed up for any occasion. You can also change up the contents and make them different every time.
By using reusable containers, you are helping to reduce paper waste.
Dress these up for the holidays with seasonal candies or colors.
For this recipe, I used round pretzels and if you remember, I have dressed up pretzels for the 4th of July, Halloween, and St. Patrick's day!
For spring and summer, I like to use pastel colors.
Ingredients For Dessert Jarcuterie - Desserts In A Jar
Remember, you can change up these ingredients to your liking. This is what I used:
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries - recipe here.
Chocolate Stripped Pretzel Sticks and Twists - See directions here.
Dried or Candied Fruit - recipe below.
Equipment and Accessories needed:
- Reusable food-safe jars, I used these food-safe jars for desserts, but you can use mason or jam jars too.
- Wazed paper or Parchment Paper
- Baking sheets
- Toothpicks or skewers
How to Make Candied Fruit
Candied Fruit Jarcuterie
- 18 covered pretzels
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 bunches candied grapes
- 18 covered round pretzels
- Candied Fruit
- 1,. In a sauce ban over medium heat, mix one part water to two parts of white.
- 2. Heat to a boil.
- 3. Skewer the fruit or use toothpicks.
- 4. Submerge the fruit in the syrup, then dip in the ice water to harden the syrup into a crunchy glaze.
- 5. Let dry on waxed paper or parchment paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for the Jars
- Starting with marshmallows made for a soft foundation.
- Add pretzels and fruit.
- Serve and enjoy
Timesaving tips to make this perfect every time
- Make sure that the sugar mixture comes to a full boil before dipping the fruit If the sugar doesn’t turn into a crunch glaze, It's because the sugar wasn't hot enough.
- Be sure to dip each fruit individually, if you attempt to glaze in bulk the fruit tends to clump together.
- The fruit should dry up on the counter, but you can also pop it in the refrigerator to speed it up.
What Should I Serve With Dessert Jarcuterie?
These are great on their own or served with little spoons or forks. You can tie ribbons or attach stickers to the jars if it is a special occasion.
What Else can I put in Dessert Jars?
There are many other items you can substitute or add chocolates, jelly beans, or taffy. Chocolate bark and chocolate-covered nuts also work well.
- Almond Roca Candy - an easy recipe for this delicious dessert candy!
- Milk Chocolate Bark – This delicious milk chocolate bark makes a great dessert or gift idea.
- Homemade Salted Peanut Clusters – this is the best peanut clusters recipe ever and so so easy to make!
- White Chocolate Bark – Another great bark recipe with a white chocolate twist.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Such fun! These little trends are things I hope last long after the pandemic.
These are so stinking cute!
Donna @ Modern on Monticello
I am loving your Jarcuterie ideas. They are such a great idea and delicious. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty