This Milk Chocolate Bark Christmas Candy Recipe is not only so incredibly easy to make, it is also great for gift giving. Perfect when you are searching for a tasty gift for friends, teachers, neighbors or coworkers. This microwave chocolate bark is one of the easiest candy recipes ever.
Chocolate bark is on of those fun Christmas Candy recipes that you can change up each time you make it and make it uniquely yours. I like to use a combination of semisweet and milk chocolate chips for a perfectly sweet and creamy milk chocolate bark.
For the holidays, I added some crushed peppermint candy canes and some crispy chocolate candies. The result is a nice crunchy, minty chocolate treat. Back in the day, we made this using a double broiler, but now you can make it easily in the microwave.
All you do is melt chocolate chips, spread the chocolate and add the toppings.
You can change up the toppings to match your taste. Candies, nuts and some cereals work well.
Be sure to use parchment paper on the pan for easy removal and clean up.
Break up the bark in bite-sized pieces and put in a decorative jar or tin.
Milk Chocolate Bark Candy Recipe
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- ¼ cup festive chocolate candies
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave 45 seconds.
- Stir chocolate and return to microwave until chips are just melted
- Mix the chocolate until chips are smooth and lumps are gone
- Pour melted chocolate onto the parchment paper
- Spread to cover the cookie sheet
- Add crushed peppermint and other candies
- Refrigerate until set (about 1 -1½ hours).
- Break into snack sized pieces
Can’t you just taste this milk chocolate bar?
You can also add nuts and dried fruit if you choose. Be sure to check out my other easy candy recipe. Have you ever made chocolate bark?