This Copycat Almond Roca Candy recipe is perfect for a binge-watching snack or as a homemade gift idea! These tasty bundles of caramel, chocolate, and almond taste just like the real Almond Roca and are a delicious homemade chocolate candy!
I love packing these in small tissue-lined boxes or mason jars for a fun and unique homemade candy gift. Be sure to check out our time-saving tips following the recipe.
Today’s recipe is a delicious copycat candy recipe.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This one is so tasty and it results in chocolate, caramel, and almond candy that tastes just like Almond Roca!
It is very easy to make and the hardest part is waiting for it to cool completely. I recommend making this the day before you want to enjoy it for best results.
This homemade candy recipe also is great for gift-giving. Anyone who loves chocolate and almond candy will love this easy candy recipe.
I have made this recipe for Christmas, birthdays and Father’s Day as a great edible gift!
Ingredients for Copycat Almond Roca
Chocolate –I use semi-sweet baking chips, but milk chocolate chips work well too! Your choice.
Brown Sugar – I used light brown sugar, but you can use dark if you want.
Butter – Use real butter, margarine won’t work well.
Almonds – I like buying my almonds in bulk from the big box stores. It is much more economical and you can store the almonds in the freezer. Be sure to pick up sliced almonds.
For more great recipes ideas
- Milk Chocolate Bark – This delicious milk chocolate bark makes a great dessert or gift idea.
- Homemade Salted Peanut Clusters – this is the best peanut clusters recipe ever and so so easy to make!
- White Chocolate Bark – Another great bark recipe with a white chocolate twist.
How to make Homemade Candy – Almond Roca
The full recipe is below, but I know that many of you want to see the process so it is summarized here.
- Toast almonds in oven or stove.
- In a saucepan, combine sugars.
- Spread almonds in a baking pan.
- Add other ingredients to the saucepan.
5. Cook until about 280°.
6. Pour over almonds
7. Top with melted chocolate.
8. Smooth each layer.
Then you top with almonds again and let cool.
Then you just break up the hardened candy!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe:
Copycat Almond Roca
- You can pre-toast the almonds ahead of time so that they are ready when you are to make the candy.
- Make an extra batch and give some away to neighbors or friends.
- Keep almonds in the freezer to stay fresh.
Copycat Almond Roca
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 12 oz package chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Toast almonds in a skillet or oven.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the toasted almonds in a 13" x 9" pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and sugar over medium-high heat.
- Cook until mixture reaches 280°F, stirring often.
- Once it reaches 280°, pour sugar caramel mixture over almonds.
- Heat chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl at 30-second intervals until melted. Stir well.
- Pour chocolate over the caramel layer.
- Top with additional almonds and allow to set at least 3-4 hours.
- Once the candy is set, break apart carefully with a butterknife or spatula.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.