This Salted Peanut Clusters Recipe has been around for at least a few decades. When I was younger, I remember that my Dad used to love these, and we had them in the house quite often. They taste so good and are ridiculously easy to make.
Made with just a few ingredients, this version of has both milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips. In the old days, we melted the chocolate in a double boiler, but now, thanks to microwaves, these are even easier to whip up.
All you need is four simple ingredients. Many peanut cluster recipes call for dry-roasted peanuts, but I prefer mine with salted peanuts. There is just something about the salty-sweetness that makes these fabulous!
All you do is melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and soon you have the chocolate ready for the peanuts.
Then you add the peanuts and while it looks like baked beans, it is really quite sweet.
You can put then in cupcake or candy liners or just on a sheet of waxed paper and chill.
After chilling these are perfect!
Don’t forget to pin these – they make a delicious treat any time of year!
These are also great for a Valentine’s Day gift idea.
Salted Peanut Clusters Recipe with Chocolate Chips
Salted Peanut Clusters Recipe
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- In a medium sized bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening for 1 minute at 50% power.
- After one minute, try stirring the chocolate.
- If it is not fully melted, try and additional 30 seconds at 50%. Repeat if necessary
- Once fully melted, mix together chips and add peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto cupcake liners or waxed paper.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoyed this easy homemade peanut clusters recipe. These are great for snacking, lunch boxes or to make for someone special as a gift idea.
If you enjoyed it, I would love it if you shared it!
For more great giftable homemade treats, check out:
- Holiday Trail Mix – A fun holiday trail mix that is easy to make and a great gift for coworkers or friends.
- Milk Chocolate Bark – so easy to make and great for gift giving
- Salted Pecan Bars – These salted bars are so good and go fast!