For the holidays, I always want to give a little gift to the people I work with. However, this is about a dozen people, so I have to be frugal and keep the gift cost between $1 – 2. I give everyone the same gift to keep it simple. This year, I am making little sets of jams and lottery tickets.
On the tag, I wrote, “have a sweet holiday and a prosperous new year”. So the jam represents the “sweet” and the lottery ticket represents the “prosperous”. Half of the gift is the packaging, so I put each gift in a cellophane bag with some rafia stuffing, added a lable, and then tied it together with a bow. Total cost = about $2.25.
Inexpensive Holiday Gifts
Here are a few other really simple, inexpensive gift ideas (aff. links):
- Chocolate Mint Candies – with message :You were “mint” to have a Merry Christmas
- Cookies or brownies- wrap a few in a cute gift bag and attach the recipe
- Hot chocolate , coffee or tea packets
- Lip balms or hand lotion
- Gloves or jewelry
- Nail polish or manicure set
- Cookie cutters, with a cookie recipe attached
- S’mores kits – chocolate, marshmallows & graham crackers wrapped in bag
- Jellies or Jams (mini-sized) with message – You are my jam!
- Notebook and pen tied together with a cute bow
- Homemade book marker with highlighter
- Chocolate covered pretzels – make your own.
- Almost anything from the Target dollar bins or dollar store
What else can you think of?