Holiday trail mix is so easy and inexpensive to make when you want to give a little gift. For my trail mix I combined two types of nuts with a some dried cranberries as a nod to the season.
Of course, I had to add a little chocolate to mine and to make it festive I used the holiday color variety of chocolate candies. These are perfect for serving if you are planning a holiday party.
I like to make my own trail mix for several reasons. First of all, I can put the ingredients I like the most in it.
I also love that I can save a few dollars by buying the ingredients separately. It also allows me to choose nuts without preservatives if I choose.
Ingredients for Holiday Trail Mix
- Holiday M & Ms - Perfect for a festive look!
- Peanuts & Cashews - You can change up the nuts if you like.
- Dried Cranberries - A wonderful seasonal fruit idea.
The trail mix is great for game night or watching TV. It is also great for a lunch box snack. I store mine in a mason jar which is also perfect for gift giving.
You can also put the trail mix in little bags and create toppers. These are perfect last-minute gift ideas for friends, neighbors and really anyone who enjoys trail mix.
These also look really cute in a mason jar! (See photo below)
Be sure to see our other Candy gift ideas:
- Edible Gifts in Mason Jars - More than 20 ideas for mason jar gifts.
- Homemade Food Gift Ideas -Salty and sweet snacks from your home!
- Easy Homemade Fudge - A perfect fudge recipe, perfect for gift-giving!
Holiday Trail Mix - Snack Recipe Idea
Holiday Trail Mix
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup cashews
- ⅔ cup chocolate candies - candy covered chocolate candies or chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Store in an airtight container or place in bags for gift giving.
- Best eaten in a few days, especially if you use nuts without preservatives.
Be sure to check out our other great Holiday Party recipes:
- Glazed Chicken Wings – a nice chicken wing recipe that is kid friendly and not spicy.
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers – a slightly spicy recipe that is great with cocktails.
- Hot Chorizo Dip– a nice hot appetizer for a cold day or evening. Great with tortilla chips.
- Spicy Hummus – Hummus with a little spice.
- Blue Cheese Chive Dip – a wonderful easy dip that goes with vegetables.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Do you like trail mix?
This sounds really good. I bet these would make great gifts!
Thank you Stepanie!
I love homemade trail mix. The other stuff is full of crap and chemicals! Of course I'm that type who eats all the chocolates out of it! I bet there are many of us.
So true about the chemicals. I have to admit, my trail Mix has to have a lttle chocolate in it.
It looks so festive, and the gift bags are so cute!
I could totally snack on this during my daily commutes. I'm a huge fan of trail mix...
Oh I can imagine you snacking and driving in the beautiful hills of Sonoma!
What an adorable idea! I love trail mix and this would really would make a great party food plus a great gift! It always seems like I have one or two extra people I would like to gift something small to and this would be fab! Thanks for sharing, just pinned!
Thank you for your sweet comment and the pin Jen!