Holiday trail mix is so easy and inexpensive to make when you want to give a little gift. For my trail mix I combined two types of nuts with a some dried cranberries as a nod to the season.
Of course I had to add a little chocolate to mine and to make it festive I used the holiday color variety of chocolate candies. These are perfect for serving if you are planning a holiday party.
I like to make my own trail mix for several reasons. First of all, I can put the ingredients I like the most in it.
I also love that I can save a few dollars by buying the ingredients separately. It also allows me to choose nuts without preservatives, if I choose.
The trail mix is great for game night or watching TV. It is also great for a lunch box snack. I store mine in a mason jar which is also perfect for gift giving.
You can also put the trail mix in little bags and create toppers. These are perfect last-minute gift ideas for friends, neighbors and really anyone who enjoys trail mix.
Be sure to check out our other great Holiday Party recipes:
- Glazed Chicken Wings – a nice chicken wing recipe that is kid friendly and not spicy.
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers – a slightly spicy recipe that is great with cocktails.
- Hot Chorizo Dip– a nice hot appetizer for a cold day or evening. Great with tortilla chips.
- Spicy Hummus – Hummus with a little spice.
- Blue Cheese Chive Dip – a wonderful easy dip that goes with vegetables.
Holiday Trail Mix – Snack Recipe Idea
Holiday Trail Mix
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 2/3 cup chocolate candies - candy covered chocolate candies or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Store in an airtight container or place in bags for gift giving.
- Best eaten in a few days, especially if you use nuts without preservatives.
Do you like trail mix?