Your next party or event just got easier and infinitely more adorable with this recipe for Reindeer Brownies. Bake these in a flash from an easy mix and decorate them sweetly to thrill your younger guests.
All you need is a box of brownies and a few snacks to create these adorable reindeer brownies. Great for a Christmas party dessert or take home treat. These are also fun on cookie trays.
The kids love these because they are so cute!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Festive Recipe. "Those Reindeer Brownies are so cute!" That's literally what you will hear all evening long when you serve these special Christmas brownies at a holiday party.
Easy recipe. These red-nosed reindeer brownies just take a handful of simple ingredients. We are all about simple recipes for the Christmas holiday season.
Quick . These holiday treats come together really fast when you use a standard brownie mix and a few common candies to decorate for the holiday season. They are the perfect choice for a quick dessert.
Ingredients for Reindeer Brownies
- Brownie Mix. Pick your favorite or use my Brownies made with cocoa powder recipe
- Pretzels. These pretzel antlers and should be the standard pretzel shape.
- Peanut M&Ms. For the perfect nose shape.
- Peanut Butter Cups. To form the muzzle of the reindeer.
- Candy Eyes. You can probably pick these up at the grocery store, and can definitely find them at Walmart or a craft store. I keep them on hand to surprise kids with a variety of treats all year long. Check out these Monster Cookies as an example.
- Reindeer Head Cookie Cutter. Similar cookie cutter to mine.
- Chocolate Frosting or Melted Chocolate - this is optional but helps to keep eyes and nose on brownie.
Full reindeer brownies recipe details in recipe card.
How to Make Easy Reindeer Brownies
Make sure to preheat your oven. Prepare box brownie mix in a large bowl according to instructions.
Pour brownie batter in prepared baking dish and bake as directed. Once they are done baking allow brownies to cool.
Use cookie cutter to cut brownies, make sure the cookie cutter goes through all the way through the bottom of the brownies. Carefully remove the reindeer brownies from the pan.
To make the brownies into reindeer face, break pretzels apart to form antlers, place candy eyeballs and peanut butter cup on face.
Top with a red m&m for the nose. Press them into the brownie to make sure they stick.
Tips for Best Results
I used a 10 x 15 pan to best fit my cookie cutter. Thinner brownies are easier to cut. The number of brownies made will depend on your baking pan and the size of the cookie cutter used.
Do not overbake your brownies. Follow the package instructions, and make sure your oven is fully pre-heated. Over-baked brownies will be difficult to cut with the reindeer cutter.
You can use a tiny amount of chocolate frosting or melted chocolate to attach the decorations if you are concerned that they will fall off in transport.
Store Rudolph brownies in an airtight container.
Substitutions and Variations
You can use homemade brownies, store-bought brownies or try the same method with a chocolate sheet cake.
Mini oreos or other small chocolate candies can replace the peanut butter cups.
You could also do candy cane antlers or red cinnamon candies for the noses.
Any small round or oval candies can be used for the nose. If peanut allergies are a concern, be sure to use something different than what we suggested and read the labels to guard against cross-contamination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Reindeer Brownies gluten-free?
Yes! Just use a gluten-free brownie mix. If you can't find one in the normal baking aisle at your grocery store, ask a store employee where the gluten-free section is. Make sure to also grab gluten-free pretzels.
How do I know when my brownies are ready?
The easiest way to make sure that your brownies are the perfect doneness is to preheat your oven fully before you bake them, and then bake for the specified time. If your oven runs hot, pull them out at the shortest time listed. If it runs cool, let them bake to the longest time listed. Make sure you set a timer so you don't forget!
More Reindeer Recipes
- Easy Gingerbread Reindeer Cookies Recipe
- Reindeer Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats for Christmas
- Christmas Chocolate Reindeer Bark
- Reindeer Cookies
- Rudolph Cupcakes
- 1 Reindeer head cookie cutter
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 bag peanut m&ms
- 6-8 peanut butter cups
- Candy eyes
- Chocolate Frosting or Melted Chocolate optional
- Prepare boxed brownie mix according to instructions, be careful not to overbake. I used a 10 x 15 pan to best fit my cookie cutter.
- Once they are done baking allow brownies to cool.
- Use cookie cutter to cut out reindeer brownies, make sure cookie cutter goes through all the way through the bottom of the brownies.
- Remove reindeer brownies from the pan.
- Break pretzels apart to form antlers, place eyeballs and peanut butter cup on face using a dab of frosting or melted chocolate.
- Add red candy nose.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.