These fun and festive Halloween Monster cookies are the perfect Halloween cookie to celebrate the season.
Made with just a few simple ingredients, these cute monsters are the perfect cookies to bring a smile to faces.
These spooky treats are one of our easy Halloween treats you will want to bookmark for later.
Why You Will Love These Easy Halloween Cookies
These monster sugar cookies are cake mix cookies which will save you lots of time.
Little monsters with candy eyes are colorful and tasty for a fun Halloween treat or as an after school snack. It's the perfect sweet treat for a Halloween party
The kids can help with the faces on these cute monster themed cookies.
Halloween Monster Cookie Ingredients
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe. Refer to the recipe card for the measurements.
- vanilla or white cake mix
- candy eyeballs
- food coloring in fun Halloween colors. I like to use these gel colors.
See recipe card for quantities.
This Halloween cookie recipe is so easy to make.
Combine all spices into a large bowl and beat on medium speed until blended.
Divide dough and use separate bowls to make different color cookies.
Roll cookie dough into 1" balls .
Place balls onto prepared baking sheet and press down a little.
Bake as directed.
Let cookies cool before serving.
Substitutions & Variations
- Chocolate chip cookies - You can add chocolate chips
- Chewy chocolate cookies - use a chocolate cake mix instead of the white. You will not be able to color the cookies.
- Holiday Sprinkles - You can add holiday sprinkles prior to baking if you wish.
Top Tip Baking time may differ depending on oven, altitude and weather..
Equipment and Kitchen Tools
- large bowl
- electric mixer or wooden spoon
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- medium cookie scoop
Store cookies in plastic wrap, a sealable plastic bag or in an airtight container.
Your oven may be a little too hot. You can try chilling the dough before making the next batch.
Yes you need to put them in a freezer-safe container before freezing.
More Festive Halloween Treats
- Monster Pops - the perfect treat for Halloween or for a Monster-themed party
- Halloween Pretzels - spooky pretzel faces that are easy to make.
- Mummy Cookies - Fun and festive Halloween cookies.
- Halloween Sheet Cake - this fun graveyard sheetcake is fun to make and always a hit
- Graveyard Pudding Cups - fun single serve treat cups - perfect for a Halloween party.
- Mummy Meatballs - A fun Halloween appetizer or snack.
Monster Halloween Cookies
- 1 box cake mix
- ⅔ cup Cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food colorings
- 3 tablespoons Powdered sugar
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Whisk butter, vanilla, egg and cheese.
- Add the cake mix and knead the dough.
- Divide into several parts and paint each in a different color.
- Roll the dough into balls, roll generously in powdered sugar, bake at 180 degrees for 12 minutes. Decorate the still warm cookies with candy in the form of eyes.
I hope you love these Halloween monster cookies, as they are so much fun.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share delicious recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!