This fun Halloween Cookies recipe is so fun to make for a Halloween party or as a seasonal dessert. These creepy Mummy Oreos are a fun treat and perfect for desserts or lunch boxes, and they come together in just about 30 minutes!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite easy Halloween cookie recipes. These adorable mummy cookies are a fun and spooky treat for Halloween season!
Why This Recipe
Easy Recipe. This Oreo Mummy cookies recipe is one of those semi-homemade easy recipes to celebrate the season, These cookies are made with store-bought sandwich cookies and are a no bake dessert.
Fun. These fun Halloween cookies with googly eyes are perfect for the spooky season. The perfect sweet treat for gatherings and Halloween parties.
Let's face it, while it is fun to bake treats from scratch, you really can come up with some fun Halloween treats for kids and adults by using a few shortcuts now and then.
These little monsters come together in a matter of minutes because there is no need to bake cookies. With all the ingredients ready, this easy recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make and they look festive on your party table.
It's the perfect Halloween treat for a party favor too!
Ingredients For Super Easy Halloween Cookies
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe. Refer to the recipe card for the measurements.
Cookies - You can use Oreo sandwich cookies, or any type of white or chocolate sandwich cookies.
Candy Eyes - I used the assortment pack with different sized eyes. You can also use the kind in different colors.
White Chocolate Candy Melts - These white candy melts work best, but you can use white chocolate chips if that is what you have on hand.
Halloween Sprinkles - Sprinkles are part of the Halloween fun. Pick a color theme.
Equipment and Tools
- large bowl or medium bowl
- parchment paper
- baking sheet or wire rack
- piping bag
- number 2 round decorator tip
How to Make Mummy Cookies
- Set cookies on a rack, wax paper or parchment paper. Melt candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave at 30-second intervals until melted.
- Using a piping bag and a round tip, pipe melted white chocolate candy on each cookie in a back and forth motion about 1.8" apart. The zig zags create the mummy bandages. White off any excess chocolate.
- Add a illtle melted candy to the back of the eyes and attacheyeballs to the cookie.
- Add sprinkles and let cookies set 30-30 minutes.
Full recipe in recipe card.
Pro Tip Notes and Timesaver Shortcuts
- For best results, place cookie on parchment paper or a wire rack before frosting.
- Store cookies in food storage boxes or airtight containers.
- Make sure your hands are dry when applying the candy eyes. If they are wet, the eyes will easily smear.
- You can also use white chocolate chips instead of vanilla candy melts.
- As a fun variation you can make cookie pops with lollipop sticks.
- You can use a different kind of cookie to make these - chocolate chip or oatmeal work well. You can also make these with Milano cookies or nutter butter cookies.
- Ensure that the melts are used quickly because they dry fast.
- Use a number 2 round tip.
- use disposable piping bags.
Can I Make these Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make these a day ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. These make a fun party favor for Halloween parties.
More Fun Halloween Recipes
Halloween Brownies - Spooky treats made with a brownie mix.
Spooky Pretzels - a fun treat with a spooky twist
Monster Cookies - Cute festive monster cookies made with simple ingredients.
Spider Cupcakes - Cute cupcake spiders for a cute dessert idea.
Monster Halloween Treats. Festive Halloween Krispies that are favorite treats.
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats - Cute Halloween treats that look like candy corn!
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats - Mummy shaped rice Krispie treats
Halloween Cookies - Mummy cookies.
Witches Cupcakes - Cut and easy hat cookies that are perfect for Hocus Pocus parties.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
- Parchment lined baking sheets
- piping bag
- piping tip
- baking tray
- 24 Chocolate sandwich cookies
- 48 Small Candy eyes
- 1 package White candy coating candy melts
- Melt some candy melts in a bowl according to package instructions.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil (vegetable or coconut oil) at a time to thin out chocolate if needed.
- Stir well to incorporate.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag or ziplock bag.
- Snip the tip and make back and forth zigzag patterns of white chocolate to the top of the cookie to create the mummification look.
- Add candy eyes and allow to completely set for 25-30 mins.
We hope you enjoyed this spooky cookie recipe. For more easy cookie ideas and seasonal inspiration, consider subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, (you can subscribe to the newsletter here). I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.