This fun Halloween Cookies recipe is so fun to make for a Halloween party or as a seasonal dessert. These creepy Halloween cookies are a fun treat and perfect for desserts or lunch boxes, and they come together in just about 30 minutes!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite easy Halloween cookie recipes. These sweet treats are a fun and festive treat!
Why This Recipe
This Halloween recipe is one of those semi-homemade easy recipes to celebrate the season, These cookies are made with store-bought sandwich cookies to save time. Of course, you can also make these with your favorite chocolate chip cookies too.
The result is these fun Halloween cookies with googly eyes that are fun for gatherings and Halloween parties.
Let’s face it, while it is fun to bake treats from scratch, you really can come up with some fun Halloween treats for kids and adults by using a few shortcuts now and then.
These little monsters come together in a matter of minutes because there is no need to bake cookies. With all the ingredients ready, these take less than 15 minutes to make.
It’s the perfect Halloween treat for a party favor too!
Ingredients For Super Easy Halloween Cookies
Cookies – You can use sandwich cookies.
Candy Eyes – I Candy Melts – These work best, but you can use white chocolate chips if that is what you have on hand.
Halloween Sprinkles – Sprinkles are part of the Halloween fun. Pick a color theme.
Equipment and Tools
- parchment paper
- piping bag
- number 2 round decorator tip
How to Make Mummy Cookies
- Set cookies on a rack or parchment paper. Melt candy melts in the microwave at 30-second intervals until melted.
- Using a piping bag and a round tip, pipe melted candy on each cookie in a back and forth motion about 1.8″ apart.
- Add two little eyes to the cookie.
- Add sprinkles and let cookies set 30-30 minutes.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- For best results, set out cookies on parchment paper or a wire rack before frosting.
- Store cookies in food storage boxes or airtight containers.
- Make sure your hands are dry when applying the candy eyes. If they are wet, the eyes will easily smear.
- Ensure that the melts are used quickly because they dry fast.
- Use a number 2 round tip.
- use disposable piping bags.
Can I Make these Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make these a day ahead of time.
- Parchment lined baking sheets
- piping bag
- piping tip
- 24 Chocolate sandwich cookies
- 48 Small Candy eyes
- 1 package White candy coating
- Melt some candy melts in a bowl according to package instructions.
- Add 1 tsp of oil (vegetable or coconut oil) at a time to thin out chocolate if needed.
- Stir well to incorporate.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag or ziplock bag.
- Snip the tip and make back and forth zigzag patterns of white chocolate to create the mummification look.
- Add candy eyes and allow to completely set for 25-30 mins.
More Fun Halloween Treats
Halloween Brownies – Spooky treats made with a brownie mix.
Spooky Pretzels – a fun treat with a spooky twist
Spider Cupcakes – Cute cupcake spiders for a cute dessert idea.
Monster Halloween Treats. Festive Halloween Krispies.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
We hope you enjoyed this spooky cookie recipe. For more easy cookie ideas and seasonal inspiration, consider subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, (you can subscribe to the newsletter here). I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.