These fun Halloween Brownies are made with a boxed brownie mix and are easy and fun to make! These cute ghost brownies are one of my favorite Halloween brownie ideas to make.
We love celebrating the season with these festive treats that are so much fun to make.
Why This Recipe
These fun Halloween brownies are the perfect spooky treat for a Halloween party or just to celebrate the season. I call these ghost brownies and the little ghosts sit on top of the brownies and just make people smile.
These spooky brownies are easily made with a boxed brownie mix or your favorite homemade brownie recipe.
The fudgy brownies are also perfect as a party favor or lunch box snack.
These little spooky brownies are really cute.
Ingredients For Halloween Brownies
Brownie Mix - You can use a name brand or a generic brand of brownie mix. You can also use a gluten-free mix.
Marshmallows - you will use large marshmallows
Chocolate Chips - I used semisweet chocolate chips, but you could use milk chocolate chips too.
Halloween Sprinkles -
Tools and Equipment
- Individual Brownie Pan
- large bowl
- decorating tip #3 round or similar.
- decorating piping icing bags
How to Make Halloween Ghost Brownies
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients (per package directions) in a medium bowl and bake as directed on package.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place a marshmallow on each brownie.
- Melt white chocolate chips and spoon 1 tablespoon over each brownie. Let cool before attempting to decorate.
Carefully draw the eyes and mouth.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- You can use candy eyes instead of using melted chocolate on the ghosts.
- You can substitute candy melts in place of the white chocolate chips.
- You can use an individual brownie pan to make uniform square brownies.
- Store in an airtight container. Make sure the container is high enough so that it doesn't cover the ghosts.
Can you make these ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these the day before.
More Easy Halloween Desserts
Halloween Candied Pretzels. Cute spooky pretzels that are super easy to make with just a few ingredients.
Candied Popcorn Recipe – This fall-themed candied popcorn recipe is a wonderful way to celebrate the season.
Fall Crispie Snack – A fun twist on the usual cereal snack recipe.
Fall Trail Mix – This fun blend of trail mix is just for fall.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Halloween Ghost Brownies
- 1 box Brownie mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 12 marshmallows
- 12 oz white chocolate chips or melting wafers
- 3 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your brownie mix according to the directions on the box.
- Grease the brownie pan
- Pour batter equally into the 12 cavities of the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely, then remove from the pan.
- Place brownies on parchment paper and place one marshmallow in the center of the brownies.
- Pour white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 1 minute increments, until fully melted, stirring well between each heating session.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted white chocolate over the top of the marshmallow, and onto the brownie.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes once you’ve completed the step above on all brownies.
- Place semi sweet chocolate into the corner of a ziplock baggie and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds. Remove and massage with your hand to help melt all of the chocolate. If not fully melted, heat for an additional 20 seconds, and massage again.
- Snip the opposite corner off the baggie, and insert the piping tip, and move chocolate to that side of the baggie.
- Gently squeeze chocolate through the piping tip to make one dot for each of the eyes, and an oval for the mouth.
We hope you enjoyed this simple Halloween treat idea!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!