This Black Martini recipe is a fun twist on a cranberry martini but is a dark black color.
This is the perfect cocktail for a Halloween party or get together and a fun twist on the classic cocktail.
Like our other easy Halloween recipes, this cocktail is simple and delicious,
Why You Love This Recipe
Easy recipe. This delicious cocktail is easy to make and is a fun twist on a classic martini. With its dark color, it makes for a fun holiday or Halloween cocktail.
Tasty. This black martini cocktail recipe makes a rich cocktail with a smooth taste.
Quick. It just takes a couple of minutes to whip up this this Black cocktail.
Black Martini Ingredients
- cranberry juice
- triple sec
- lime juice
- food coloring
See recipe card for quantities.
- cocktail shaker or mixing glass
- martini glass
How to Make a Black Martini
Step 1 - Add ice to cocktail shaker. Add triple sec.
Step 2 - Add vodka.
Step 3 - Add cranberry juice and lime juice
Step 4 - Add 2 drops of food color and cover and shake.
Serve as is ow with a spider web coaster.
Substitutions & Variations
- Lemony twist - instead of lime juice, sub lemon juice.
- Dark Mixers- use raspberry liqueur such has Chambord in place of vodka or Marionberry Vodka to achieve the dark color cocktail.
- Black Martini Glass - another alternative is to serve these martinis in these black martini glasses.
Timesaving and Helpful Tips
- Triple the measurements to make a batch of these cocktails.
- Have plenty of ice ready before making these.
- Use pour spouts on your liquor bottles, they can ensure consistent and speedy pouring.
- Store some martini glasses in the freezer or refrigerator so that they are cold when preparing.
Are there other ways of achieving a dark color other than food coloring?
Yes, you can use black glasses.
Can I use gin instead of vodka for a black martini?
Yes but keep in mind that the taste will change a bit. You can also use a flavored vodka like vanilla or marshmallow.
What can I use to garnish the black martini?
More Delicious Fall Cocktail Recipes
Witch Potion cocktail - Halloween Sangria
Halloween Cocktails - check out these beautiful Halloween cocktails.
More Easy Vodka Martini Recipes
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Black gel food coloring
- 1 cup ice
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add vodka.
- Follow with triple sec, cranberry juice, lime juice,
- Add 2 drops of black gel coloring. Shake well to combine and chill.
- Pour, strained, into a martini glass. Enjoy!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!