These Rice Krispie Treats have a little twist and I think they are a perfect treat when you want a little something sweet!
Hello Friends! Here we are well into September and back into a routine. We have been enjoying the little hints of fall, cooler breezes, football and movies this weekend. I am loving that football season is back too!
These Rice Crispy treats (as I like to spell them) are a childhood memory for me. I find wonderful memories of days long gone by when I make these and honestly, I just love classic recipes like this one. Did you know that Rice Krispie Treats were invented in 1939?
We have a few fun fall treats here on the island that you may want to check out:
- Football Rice Krispie Treats – Covered ain chocolate and perfect for football viewing and tailgate parties.
- Homemade Cereal Bars – packed with raisins and fun for lunch boxes.
- Fall Rice Krispie Treat Ideas – These treats are perfect for the fall season.
I love making bars with cereal because they are a nice sweet treat when I want something festive, but also super simple to make. You can avoid some of the preservatives that are in ready-made bars from the grocery store by making your own as well.
Rice Krispie Treat Variations
If you want, you can also add a teaspoon of vanilla to this recipe to make Rice Krispies with Vanilla. I have tried that version and it adds a little hint of home-baked flavor to the recipe.
Another fun idea is to drizzle them with melted chocolate! In this case, I changed up the cereal I used. It adds a different flavor and color. I also added some colored sprinkles just for fun!
This recipe is pretty quick, but there are a few ways to streamline.
- You can use Marshmallow Fluff instead of marshmallows
- You can make these a day ahead, but I would encourage you to make them a few hours ahead because they really taste best when they are fresh.
- Measure the cereal the day before and have it ready to go in a sealed container so that you don’t have to measure it out the day you make them.
Rice Krispie Treats Recipe Change Up
Rice Krispie Treats Change Up
- 3 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 3 cups Captain Crunch Cereal
- 3 tablepoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon festive sprinkles.
Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan with butter or margarine.
Over medium heat, warm butter, and marshmallows.
Stir often until fully melted.
Remove from heat and add cereal.
Pour and push into the pan.
Top with sprinkles, if desired.
Let cool 20 minutes before cutting.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us and let us know!