These Fall Rice Krispie Treats have a little twist and I think they are a perfect treat when you want a little something sweet! I love testing rice Krispie treat variations and this one is a winner.
These fun Captain Crunch Rice Krispie treats are as easy to make as they are delicious! This treat is made with two types of cereals for an unexpected tasty twist.
This is one of my easy fall recipes that you will want to bookmark for later.
Why Try This Rice Crispy Recipe?
Fun. Rice Crispy treats are a childhood memory for me. I find wonderful memories of days long gone by when I make these and honestly, I just love fun twists on classic recipes like this one. These Captain Crunch Krispie treats are festive and fun.
Tasty. The addition of Captain Crunch adds a lovely flavor to classic rice Krispies. Cap n crunch Krispie treats are really tasty and they always go fast when served at a gathering.
Easy. This recipe is as easy as the original rice Krispie treats recipe from 1937. Just 4 simple ingredients and sprinkles (optional) are needed to make these fun fall treats.
I love making bars with cereal because they are a nice sweet treat when I want something festive, but also super simple to make.
You can avoid some of the preservatives that are in ready-made bars from the grocery store by making your own as well.
- rice krispies
- cap'n crunch cereal
- fall sprinkles
More Rice Krispie Treat Variations
If you want, you can also add a teaspoon of vanilla to this recipe to make Rice Krispies with Vanilla. I have tried that version and it adds a little hint of home-baked flavor to the recipe.
Another fun idea is to drizzle them with melted chocolate! White chocolate chips would go well with this recipe.
Try adding a Cocoa Krispies as another variation. I also added some colored sprinkles just for fun!
How to make Rice Krispie Treats with Cap n Crunch
You can decorate these for fall with candy corn sprinkles.
This recipe is pretty quick, but there are a few ways to streamline.
- You can use Marshmallow Fluff instead of marshmallows
- You can make these a day ahead, but I would encourage you to make them a few hours ahead because they really taste best when they are fresh.
- Measure the cereal the day before and have it ready to go in a sealed container so that you don’t have to measure it out the day you make them.
Grease the pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray before pressing the mixture into it to prevent sticking.
Yes you can and they truly make for some fun rice Krispie treat variations! The possibilities are endless.
Yes, you can melt the marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl on low heat at 30 second intervals, stirring until they are fully melted.
More Fall Rice Krispie Treat Ideas
- Football Rice Krispie Treats - Covered ain chocolate and perfect for football viewing and tailgate parties.
- Homemade Cereal Bars - packed with raisins and fun for lunch boxes.
- Fall Rice Krispie Treat Ideas - These treats are perfect for the fall season.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us and let us know!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Rice Krispie Treats with Captain Crunch
- baking pan
- Wax paper
- 3 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 3 cups Captain Crunch Cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon festive sprinkles.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan with butter or margarine.
- Over medium heat, warm butter, and marshmallows.
- Stir often until fully melted.
- Remove from heat and add cereal.
- Pour and push into the pan.
- Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Let cool 20 minutes before cutting.