These Chocolate Marshmallow muffins will brighten up any meal.
This Easy muffin recipe is a fun twist on S’mores. They have a little twist from your basic chocolate chip muffins and the added marshmallows make the muffin a nice surprise! Perfect for a brunch or breakfast side dish or lunch box treat.
Sweet muffins in the morning are a great way to kick off the day or weekend. This weekend I am working on some craft ideas so be sure to let me know if you are following me on Instagram.
When I make s’mores I like to cook the marshmallows until they are burnt on the outside, because to me there is no other way. Similar to s’mores, these Chocolate Marshmallow Muffins are the perfect combination, nestled inside a warm, fluffy muffin. When I make these in the morning, they are gone before noon.
The use of a baking mix saves some time as you do not have to combine the flour, shortening, salt, and baking powder separately since that is what the baking mixes are made of. One of these days I will share the recipe for the pre-made baking mix. It is on my list. In the meantime, pre-made baking mixes are great for so many recipes.
For more easy muffin recipes, be sure to check out these:
- Easy Pineapple Muffins – These beautiful sunny citrus muffins are a perfect way to start the day.
- Sweet Banana Muffins– Perfect banana muffins with a light cinnamon crunch topping.
- Crumb Top Carrot Muffins – A family favorite and a great way to incorporate carrots.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe. It is perfect for breakfast and brunches.
Chocolate Marshmallow Muffins
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquik or Jiffy works well)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2, Grease muffin tin.
3. Mix ingredients in bowl in order listed.
4. Pour batter in baking cups. Add a couple of marshmallows to each muffin. These will stay at the top of the muffin while baking.
5. Bake 14-16 minutes. Let cool slightly.
These muffins are rich and moist and just sweet enough.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Also, let’s connect on Instagram. Let me know you are following from the blog so I can follow you back. It would bring me much joy!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Now I am ready for a weekend! Enjoy! What are you doing this weekend?
This post contains affiliate links.