These easy Applesauce Muffins are light and fluffy and have just the right amount of apple flavor. Made from scratch with homemade or store-bought applesauce these tasty homemade muffins are ready in about 30 minutes.
Why This Recipe
These delicious applesauce muffins are made with just a few simple ingredients you likely have on hand already.
The result is a sweet and light apple muffin seasoned with cinnamon and allspice. These muffins are perfect for brunch, breakfast, or as a snack with tea or coffee.
They are also a nice treat in a lunch box! Perfect for picnics and gatherings too. It’s one of our favorite muffin recipes.
There is nothing like a fresh homemade muffin with a cold glass of milk.
Ingredient List For Easy Applesauce Muffins
Flour – I use all purpose flour, but you can also use white whole wheat flour.
Butter – I always recommend using real butter.
White Sugar –
Applesauce- Make homemade or grab a jar of applesauce.
Spices – allspice, cinnamon, and vanilla are used in this recipe.
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- hand or stand mixer
- cupcake or muffin pan
- cupcake liners
How to Make Mint Simple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mixe together dry ingredients – (flour, cinnamon, allspice and baking soda).
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy
- In a medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients (eggs, applesauce and vanilla) until smooth.
- Mix raisins with about 2 tablespoons of the flour.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to wet ingredients just until moistened
- Fold in raisins
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. They make the best apple muffins!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Fill muffin tin with liners
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, allspice and baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy
- Beat in eggs, applesauce and vanilla until smooth
- In a small bowl, add raisins and about 2 tablespoons of flour mixture and toss to coat
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients just until moistened
- Fold in raisins
- Divide batter into muffin tin using a cookie dough scoop
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool on a wire rack
- Serve room temperature or warm
- Store leftovers in airtight container
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Use cupcake paper liners to save on clean-up.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- You can make these as mini muffins using a mini muffin pan.
- You can skip the raisins if you wish, or substitute with chocolate chips.
Can you freeze applesauce muffins?
Yes, you can freeze the muffins in a freezer-safe container.
Can I use chunky applesauce?
Yes, you can use chunky or smooth or homemade applesauce.
More Apple and Applesauce Recipes
Homemade Applesauce – Make your own applesauce and save money.
Apple Cider Donuts— Apple cider gives this breakfast muffin a nice fall flavor.
Easy Apple Crisp – One of the simplest apple desserts ever!
Applesauce Bread. Another great way to use applesauce in your fall baking.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins. delicious apple spice muffins with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping.
Caramel Apple Wraps – This quick dessert recipe was famous on Tik Tok.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious cinnamon applesauce muffins recipe idea. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share a fun seasonal ideas along with great recipes and a few things that I don’t share here.
I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously! If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.