These Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats are not only easy to make, but they are also a nice low-carb dinner idea for summer. Baked Zucchini boats are also a great way to use up that zucchini crop that all seems to come in at once.
This recipe for stuffed zucchini with ground beef, marinated in a tomato-based sauce, and topped with cheese. You can use leftover spaghetti sauce on zucchini too!
Why This Recipe
Hello Friends! I am sitting here waiting for the cloud cover to dissipate. Some summer mornings we get clouds off the coast and it takes a while for the sun to come out. It’s times like these when I love to write my recipes.
I made these Zucchini Boats a few days ago and wanted to share it with you today. If you are looking for ooking for a tasty meal to put together quickly, this recipe fits the bill.
I have been trying to make a few healthy meals here and there and what I love about this recipe, is that it is full of vitamins and does not contain a lot of carbs. These baked zucchini boats are delicious and flavorful!
What I also love about this Zucchini Boat recipe is that it does not take a lot of time. Ready in about 30 minutes so you don’t need a ton of prep time.
Ingredients for Zucchini Boats
Zucchini – This recipe is for a traditional sized zucchini that you would find at most markets. If you are using homegrown, the squash may be larger and require more cooking time.
Sauce – This recipe uses a quick tomato-based homemade sauce. You can use a bottled sauce instead if you wish.
Cheese – I use whatever cheese I have on hand – Cheddar and Mozzarella or a Mozerella and Parmesan blend all work well.
Variations on this recipe.
You can use a jarred pizza sauce for Pizza-flavored Zucchini boats.
How to make stuffed zucchini boats
The full recipe follows, but here is a quick overview of the steps.
- Spoon out zucchini.
- Chop up zucchini that you removed.
- Ground beef in a pan with chopped zucchini.
- Add tomato sauce and tomatoes.
- Spoon into boats.
- Add cheese and bake.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- You can use meat sauce in place of the ground beef mixture. Just top zucchini boats with meat sauce and cheese and bake according to the recipe.
- You can freeze zucchini boats in a freezer-safe sealed container for a quicker meal the following week.
- Store leftovers in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can use pre-shredded cheese for this recipe.
More Easy Zucchini Recipes
- Easy Baked Zucchini Casserole is one I have been making for years. Made with fresh zucchini and ground beef with just enough spice to make a wonderful dinner idea.
- Corn Tomato and Zucchini Salad is not only super easy to make, but it is also inexpensive to make and good for you too!
- This easy Classic Zucchini Bread is moist and buttery and full of summer goodness.
- Zucchini and Squash Casserole – A delicious and colorful side dish.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.