This easy Homemade Cake Mix is perfect for gift-giving for the holidays or just to have on hand. A homemade cake mix is a great way to save time by preparing the dry ingredients ahead of time.
You can put the Homemade cake mix ingredients in a mason jar for gift-giving this season.
This is one of my many homemade mixes and seasoning recipes that you will want to bookmark.
Hello Friends! Did you have a good weekend?
We are enjoyed watching our TV shows and football games. This week we went on a boat ride in the harbor and it was so good to get out in the fresh air with a few friends.
Today’s recipe is a recipe you can use for yourself or to share with others. Made with gredients you likely have in your pantry, this premade cake mix is great to make during the holiday season. When you need a quick dessert for company or a gift to give, this makes the perfect present.
Today’s recipe is for a delicious cake mix. If you like this recipe, be sure to check out
- Copycat Almond Roca - This candy recipe tastes just like the original and is a great edible gift idea!
- Homemade Salted Peanut Clusters - A tasty gift that is always appreciated!
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge - This delicious fudge r4ecipe is not only easy to make - it is delicious!
- Holiday Trail Mix - A perfect homemade gift that is so easy to make and entirely giftable!
- Homemade Bisquick - Save money and make your own baking mix!
There are only a few ingredients you need for this recipe. I would recommend doubling the recipe and making two cake mixes and then you have one ready for when you need it.
List of main ingredients:
Flour – I recommend using all-purpose flour for this recipe. While there is no need to sift the flour, you can if you wish.
Sugar – Use white granulated sugar for the best results. I have not tried this recipe with brown sugar.
Baking Powder – You can use a store brand or a generic brand. I have used both with great results.
How to make Homemade Cake Mix
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Homemade Cake Mix
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wet Ingredients
- ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- ½ cup oil vegetable or canola
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients
Store in jar with lid or airtight container for storing or gift giving. Be sure to include directions for mixing and baking.
To make cake or cupcakes
Combine cake mix and wet ingredients until well combined
Pour batter into greased 13x9 pan or divide into cupcake liners
Bake cake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Cool completely and frost as desired