This easy Baked Greek Chicken Casserole Recipe is a wonderful chicken dinner to make any night of the week. So easy to make and the flavors come together deliciously!
One of the things I love about this recipe is all of the delicious vegetables that are incorporated into the casserole with Greek flavors!
This makes for a wonderful seasonal classic for the casserole season, much like my Chicken Egg Noodle casserole.
Why Try This Recipe
Delicious - This greek chicken bake with vegetables offers tender chicken with loads of vegetables in a healthy meal casserole.
Easy Recipe - Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty dinner idea to put together quickly. It is the perfect one pot meal for busy weeknights. Be sure to check out our other easy dinners.
Economical - Chicken recipes are always a hit in our home and when it is a casserole, that usually means we can eat it twice - which I love! Why not save money and time by adding a delicious leftover to your menu plan?
By the way if you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other chicken recipes that are perfect for the season:
- Chicken Divan Casserole - This classic Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole is a favorite fall casserole.
- Monterey Chicken - This chicken sandwich with melted cheese makes a perfect fall dinner with soup or salad.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta - Bacon and cheese make this ranch chicken pasta deluxe!
- Chicken Florentine - Spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes come together for a tasty dinner idea!
- Crockpot Chicken with Dumplings - An easy chicken recipe made in your crockpot.
List of main ingredients for this recipe:
Chicken – of course, this is the star of this show. I like to use skinless, boneless chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can also use chicken tenders or bonless chicken thighs which are sometimes less expensive for the same flavor!
Roasted Peppers – You can roast your own peppers, but I recommend buying the jarred variety. They are a great pantry staple to have on hand for many recipes.
Artichoke Hearts – You can use fresh steamed artichoke hearts if you want, but I recommend canned or frozen artichoke hearts for this recipe which are so much easier and just as delicious.
Red Onion - a must in so many greek recipes
Olives - I used kalamata olives, but you can use black olives too.
fresh parsley - optional
- chopping board
- large casserole dish
How to make Greek Chicken Casserole
The full recipe is. below, but here is an overview of the basic steps.
- In a large bowl, prepare the marinade.
- Marinade the chicken pieces by soaking in the marinade.
- Place in a baking dish or dutch oven.
- Add the vegetables.
- Cover with cheese and bake.
- Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Greek Chicken Casserole
- You can marinate the chicken overnight saving you time later.
- You can use pre-shredded Mozzerella Cheese to save time.
- Serve again by warming leftovers and serving in a piece of pita bread for a tasty sandwich idea!
Baked Greek Chicken
- 3 cups boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained
- 1 cup roasted red peppers drained
- 1 cup kalamata olives halved
- ¼ cup onions chopped
- 1 zucchini ends removed, halved, and sliced in 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (optional) chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a gallon zip-top freezer bag. Add half of the dressing and mix with the chicken. Let the chicken rest on the counter for 20 minutes or in the refrigerator up to overnight.
- Transfer the chicken to the casserole dish.
- Over the chicken, sprinkle the chopped onions, peppers and artichokes and olives.
- Pour the remaining dressing over the top. Toss the vegetables with the chicken to coat evenly.
- Top the casserole with mozzarella cheese.9. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Top the dish with fresh parsley. Serve the finished dish with a simple green salad or cauliflower rice.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!