This easy Baked Greek Chicken Casserole Recipe is a wonderful chicken dinner to make any night of the week. So easy to make and the flavors come together deliciously!
One of the things I love about this recipe is all of the delicious vegetables that are incorporated into the casserole! This makes for a wonderful seasonal classic for the casserole season, much like my Chicken Egg Noodle casserole.
How is your week going? We have been celebrating birthdays lately and also watching sports. I love how normal it feels to watch them again and it really brings some much-needed relief from all the noise.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty dinner idea to put together quickly. Chicken recipes are always a hit in our home and when it is a casserole, that usually means we can eat it twice - which I love! Why not save money and time by adding a delicious leftover to your menu plan?
By the way if you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other chicken recipes that are perfect for the season:
- Chicken Divan Casserole - This classic Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole is a favorite fall casserole.
- Monterey Chicken - This chicken sandwich with melted cheese makes a perfect fall dinner with soup or salad.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta - Bacon and cheese make this ranch chicken pasta deluxe!
- Chicken Florentine - Spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes come together for a tasty dinner idea!
- Crockpot Chicken with Dumplings - An easy chicken recipe made in your crockpot.
List of main ingredients for this recipe:
Chicken – of course, this is the star of this show. I like to use skinless, boneless chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can also use chicken tenders which are sometimes less expensive for the same flavor!
Roasted Peppers – You can roast your own peppers, but I recommend buying the jarred variety. They are a great pantry staple to have on hand for many recipes.
Artichoke Hearts – You can use fresh steamed artichoke hearts if you want, but I recommend canned or frozen artichoke hearts for this recipe which are so much easier and just as delicious.
How to make Greek Chicken
The full recipe is. below, but here is an overview of the basic steps.
- Prepare the marinade.
- Marinade the chicken.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Add the vegetables.
- Cover with cheese and bake.
- Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Greek Chicken Casserole
Baked Greek Chicken
- 3 cups boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained
- 1 cup roasted red peppers drained
- 1 cup kalamata olives halved
- ¼ cup onions chopped
- 1 zucchini ends removed, halved, and sliced in 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3. In a small bowl or jar, mix together the ingredients for the dressing.
- 4. Place the chicken in a gallon zip-top freezer bag. Add half of the dressing and mix with the chicken. Let the chicken rest on the counter for 20 minutes or in the refrigerator up to overnight.
- 5. Transfer the chicken to the casserole dish.
- 6. Over the chicken, place the vegetables and olives.
- 7. Pour the remaining dressing over the top. Toss the vegetables with the chicken to coat evenly.
- 8. Top the casserole with mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- You can marinate the chicken overnight saving you time later.
- You can use pre-shredded Mozzerella Cheese to save time.
- Serve again by warming leftovers and serving in a piece of pita bread for a tasty sandwich idea!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Oh my gosh, YUM. And yum to mozzarella. I was worried it would be feta but I love mozzarella.