This Easy Shrimp Creole With Rice recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or for a meatless meal. Made with bell peppers, hot sauce and rice, this Shrimp Creole recipe is a keeper for your dinner menu planning.
We are all about sharing easy dinner recipe ideas and this simple shrimp recipe is sure to please.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This is a simple and delicious recipe and is ready in about 35 minutes.
An easy shrimp recipe that is a great way to celebrate Mardi Gras season
Perfect easy meal idea that the whole family is sure to love.
It also makes a tasty meatless Monday idea.
Ingredients For Easy Shrimp Creole with Rice
- raw shrimp - You can use fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp from the seafood section.
- Green bell pepper
- chicken stock
- diced tomatoes
- Worcestershire sauce
- onion - plus some green onions for garnish garlic
- hot sauce
- bay leaf
- Seasonings –s paprika, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper white rice
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- large saucepan, stock pot or dutch oven
- cutting board
- slotted spoon
How to Make Shrimp Creole with Rice
Step By Step Instructions
- In a large pot, sauté onion, green pepper, and celery in butter until soft
- Add in garlic, paprika, thyme, oregano, hot sauce and cayenne - cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in broth and add in bay leaves Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes
- Stir in tomatoes and Worcestershire, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in cooked shrimp to the creole sauce and cook until hot.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice Season with salt and pepper, serve over rice, garnish with green onions, and enjoy!
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- You can use a teaspoon of cajun seasoning to add more flavor.
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can substitute brown rice for white rice, if desired.
- You can use cauliflower rice in place of white rice to make it a lower carb recipe.
- You can kick it up by adding ½ teaspoon of chili powder when the sauce is cooking.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Serve with fluffy white rice. I like to serve it with red pepper flakes on the side in case anyone wants to raise the heat level.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
More Shrimp Recipes
Shrimp Skewers - fun for the barbecue and delicious.
Bang Bang Shrimp. Delicious shrimp straight from your favorite restaurant experience.
Shrimp Scampi. A delicious recipe for the traditional favorite.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Easy Shrimp Creole With Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 lb shrimp - thawed if frozen, cooked, peeled, deveined, tail off
- Chopped green onion for garnish
- Cooked white rice for serving
- In a large pot sauté onion, bell pepper, and celery in butter until soft
- Add in garlic, paprika, thyme, oregano, and cayenne - cook for 2 minutes
- Stir in broth and add in bay leaves
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes
- Stir in tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce., Reduce to low heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add in cooked shrimp and cook until hot
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper, serve over rice, garnish with green onion, and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this fun New Orleans style shrimp recipe. For more great recipes, subscribe to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, (you can subscribe here).
I share simple recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.