This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Food4Less #TradicionesYMas #FiestaAndBBQ #FreshForEveryone
These delicious Tilapia fish tacos are served with a tangy fish taco sauce. Made in your oven or on the grill for spring grilling, these Tilapia tacos come together in just about 30 minutes!
Tilapia Fish Tacos
Fish tacos are a favorite in our home. Having enjoyed fish tacos in Mexico and in our favorite restaurants, it is actually very easy to recreate the recipe at home. These grilled fish tacos are dusted in spices and grilled or baked and served on warm tortillas.
The result is a delicious Mexican dish that is served with onions cabbage and cilantro and topped with a creamy fish taco sauce.
Grilled tilapia tacos are perfect for lunch or dinner any time of the year. They are also nice when you are looking for a meatless dinner idea.
Tilapia is a popular fish with a mild taste and is relatively inexpensive. Perfect for fish tacos!
This week, I stopped in at Food 4 Less to pick up my ingredients for this delicious taco meal idea. Food 4 Less always has all of the produce I need for my recipes, and the items are always fresh and flavorful.
Food 4 Less also has a large selection of my family’s favorites quality meat and produce with great prices that save me money. This recipe requires a few ingredients, all of which can be found at Food 4 Less!
Ingredients For Tilapia Fish Tacos
Tilapia – You can find a great deal on Great American Tilapia Fillets at Food 4 Less. Each fillet is individually wrapped and sealed making it easy to keep on hand.
Tortillas – I prefer to use corn tortillas for this recipe, but you can use taco-sized flour tortillas if you wish.
Cabbage – A small purple cabbage works nicely and is colorful.
Tomatoes – I use Roma tomatoes or whatever is on sale
Cilantro – I love it as a topping for the tacos.
Onion – White or yellow onions work best for these tacos.
Avocado – I like Hass avocados but any variety will work. Avocado should be ripe for serving.
Spices – The spices you will need are seasoning salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic salt, ground chili powder, salt and pepper.
Cheese – Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco and Kroger Monterey Jack Cheese (the 32 ounce bar) are my choices for these tacos.
Olive Oil – for coating the fish.
How to Make Tilapia Fish Tacos
- Defrost the Great American Tilapia fillets and remove them from the packaging.
- Prepare the fish seasonings and sprinkle on both sides of the fish.
- Cook on grill or in the oven as directed.
- Prepare the taco toppings while the fish is cooking.
- Prepare the fish taco sauce.
- Cut cooked tilapia into chunks for tacos.
- Warm tortillas and fill with tilapia. You can warm them in a skillet or in the microwave.
- Assemble the tacos with toppings, such as the Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco and/or Kroger Monterey Jack Cheese, and top with sauce.
Your family will love this fish taco dinner!
- 6-7 tilapia filets
- For Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch of ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Taco toppings:
- 1 small purple cabbage, sliced finely
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped.
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 1 container queso fresco
- 4 oz. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
1. Defrost the fillets and remove them from the packaging. Preheat grill.
2. Prepare the fish seasonings by mixing the following in a small bowl: seasoning salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic salt, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Brush each fillet with olive oil and sprinkle seasoning mixture (on both sides of the fish).
4. Cook on the grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Prepare the taco toppings while the fish is cooking.
6. Prepare the fish taco sauce. (recipe below)
7. Once Tilapia is cooked, Cut cooked tilapia into chunks for tacos.
8. Warm tortillas and fill with grilled tilapia.
9. Assemble the tacos with toppings and serve with fish taco sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 910mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 58g
Fish Taco Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
juice from 1 lime wedge
Mix together the above ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with tacos. I recommend pouring the sauce in a squeeze bottle for easy serving.
By the way, I wanted to let you know that Food 4 Less also has some nice candles available. I picked up this St. Jude Virgen de Gualalupe candle for my dining room.
What is in the Fish Taco Sauce?
The fish taco sauce is made of mayonnaise, sour cream, cumin, hot sauce, and lime juice.
What Should I Serve With Tilapia Tacos
Besides the taco sauce, you can serve them with homemade salsa and rice or beans.
Can I make Fish Tacos in the Oven?
Absolutely! Prepare the tilapia with seasonings and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes until the edges of the fish fillets are browned.
We hope you enjoyed this simple tilapia taco recipe. Have you made tilapia fish tacos before? To make this delicious dinner idea, here is a little help to get started on your grocery cart. Click to add some of these recipe items to your Food 4 Less grocery cart!