Today I am sharing some more fun and simple Halloween craft ideas. This DIY Kawaii Craft Idea is perfect for crafters of all ages.
You may remember, that I recently shared this flower pot Monster Decor craft idea, and today is a similar theme with a different look, especially if you have a Kawaii craft lover in the house. Sometimes it is just fun to make some fun cute stuff for the season. This post contains affiliate links.
Hello Friends! I hope this week finds you well. I am currently in Japan and so I thought it was very fitting to share a fun Kawaii-inspired craft idea today. It is perfect for Halloween, but you can also change it up for any season.
What is Kawaii Craft?
If you are wondering what is Kawaii, let me assure you it is not a misspelling. Kawaii is a cute, loveable design and decor theme that originated from Japan. If you have seen those cute bento food items with sweet faces and usually pastel colors, that is Kawaii style.
This fun craft idea is also a great way to make some DIY Kawaii rood decor. Just imagine all of the animals you can make from little flower pots and some paint!
DIY Kawaii Inspired Halloween Craft
These mini clay pots from the craft store have never looked so cute, but definitely NOT creepy!
- Mini Clay Pots – Four; 2”
- Acrylic Craft Paint – White, Yellow, Orange, Pink, and Purple
- Chenille Stems/AKA Pipe cleaners – Four; Purple
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Permanent Marker – Black
- Gel Pen – White
- Pencil with unused eraser
- Use as a basecoat and paint three pots white and one-pot purple. Apply a second coat, if necessary and let dry completely.
2. Paint a band of yellow and orange on one of the white pots to create the candy corn effect and let dry. The two white pots will be ghosts and the purple pot will be a spider.
3. The true Kawaii look is all in the facial features. Using the permanent black marker, create the eyes by drawing two dots, fairly far apart and the mouth by drawing a half circle just under the eyes.
Add tiny dot highlights to the eyes with the white gel pen, making sure they are in the same position on both eyes, usually top right. Add the cheeks by dipping an unused pencil eraser in pink craft paint and dotting just under each eye, and to each side of the mouth.
4. Cut four purple chenille pipe cleaner stems in half with scissors to create the spider legs. Fold ¼” of one end of all eight chenille stem legs at a right angle.
One at a time, attach the folded end of four legs to each side of the spider with a glue gun and glue sticks. Starting with the bottom leg, bend at the knee and ankle and then making each leg a little bit longer. Trim excess with scissors.
Once all the legs are added, you are done!
It's the perfect creative project to work on with your tweens and teens! You can also make other fun animals.
Have you seen the Kawaii look before?