This crockpot Savory Pot Roast is medium seasoned and comes together easily in your slow cooker! So easy to make and it is my go-to recipe for a delicious and tender beef roast!
This is just one of our easy dinner ideas because we are all about making meals with a few ingredients and simple, time-saving directions.
The weather is finally changing here! Hurray! here is nothing like a good home cooked pot roast for a hearty fall meal. Even better is when you can put the ingredients in your slow cooker and have it practically cook itself!
I make mine with carrots, onion, and new potatoes, but you can really create your own savory pot roast by adding other vegetables.
The vegetables go in first and the roast on top.
Then, after seasoning, I add some nice Left Hand Milk Stout. Cooking with this dark and delicious beer makes for a wonderful, savory flavor in the pot roast.
If you do not want to use beer, a good substitute is beef broth.
The result is a highly tender, and juicy pot roast.
Perfect for a cool fall or winter evening and the leftovers are awesome too.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Crockpot Savory Pot Roast
Savory Pot Roast
- 1 2-3 pound boneless beef bottom round roast or chuck
- 8 new or small potatoes
- 1 cup baby cut carrots
- 1/2 onion any kind, I used purple
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place prepared vegetables in slow cooker
- Place roast on top
- Add dry seasonings
- Add 3/4 cup beer or broth
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours until beef is fork tender.
Timesaving Tip :
- Use a slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easy clean up! I also used bagged carrots to put this together really quickly.
- Use bagged carrots for this recipe
- Wash your vegetables the evening before so they are ready to go in the morning!
- NOTE: You can substitute beef broth for the beer if you wish.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
We hope you enjoyed this crockpot pot roast recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! What is your favorite slow cooker dish?