These Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats are just the snack or Thanksgiving dessert. Full of pumpkin flavor, these are the perfect crunchy treats for the fall season.
These treats have a nice pumpkin pie spice flavor and are ready in just minutes for an easy way to enjoy pumpkin spice.
This is one of our delicious recipes to celebrate pumpkin season that you will want to bookmark for later.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy Recipe. These Pumpkin Rice Krispie treats are quick to make just like the classic rice crispy treats recipe.
Tasty. Everyone loves the flavor of classic Rice Krispie treats, and the pumpkin spice flavor gives this recipe a nice fall flair. These cereal treats are made with real pumpkin for a tasty mild pumpkin flavor.
Fun. These festive treats are perfect for a Halloween party or fall gathering.
Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats Ingredients
- Rice Krispies or similar cereal. - crispy rice cereal from the grocery store
- butter - I like unsalted but you can use either.
- pumpkin - use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling
- pumpkin spice
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Recipe Treats
Step 1 - In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add pumpkin.
Step 2 -Add marshmallows to mixture.
Step 3 - Add cereal to the melted marshmallows and fold.
Step 4 - Place into prepared pan,
Step 5 - Cut cereal treat into squares.
Step 6 -Frost with melted candy melts.
Substitutions & Variations
- Large marshmallows - can be used in place of mini marshmallows, but take more time to melt.
- Margarine - can be used in place of butter.
- Sprinkles - you can add some festive sprinkles before the melted candy is fully set.
- make chocolate dipped rice Krispie treats
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Timesaving Tips and Helpful Hints
- Use wax paper to help press cereal mixture in pan. It helps with the sticky mixture
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Before cutting the krispies into squares, coat your knife with cooking spray or butter to help prevent sticking.
- You can add a couple of drops of orange food coloring for a deeper orange color treat
Can I Use Marshmallow Fluff in place of the marshmallows?
Yes, you can but you need to warm up the fluff before using.
Can I use White Chocolate Chips instead of Candy Melts?
Yes you can melt white chocolate chips in the microwave and top the treats with that.
Do I have to use a piping bag and tip to frost these?
No, you can use a fork and just drip the melted candy over the treats by waving the fork back and forth. You will need to move kind of fast or the candy will set.
More Pumpkin Treats
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
- large saucepan
- baking pan
- sharp knife
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 ounces white melting chocolate or vanilla candy melts
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, then remove 1 tablespoon of the butter and pour it into an 11x7-inch pan; brush the butter edge to edge to grease the pan.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the melted butter and cook on low, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute until the pumpkin is hot.
- Stir in the marshmallow and cook on low, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are fully melted. Remove from the heat and mix in the pumpkin spice and vanilla extract.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Rice Krispies with the pumpkin marshmallow mixture, then scoop into the prepared 11x7-inch pan and use a buttered spatula to spread out evenly.
- Chill the Rice Krispies treats in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until fully set.
- Remove the Rice Krispies treats from the pan and place on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 12 squares.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the package directions. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the Rice Krispies treats. Allow the chocolate to set before serving, which will take about 30 minutes depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.