These Easy Caramel Pecan Cupcakes are flavorful and delicious and perfect for the season. They are made with a boxed cake mix, but we won't tell.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? This weekend we enjoyed football and a concert. I also attended a fundraiser to help with the recent fires that have been burning in our state. My heart goes out to those affected and I am grateful for all the men and women that fight the fires.
This weekend I felt the urge to bake something flavorful and comforting and sweet for a change. It has been a while since I have shared a cupcake recipe so I've got a tasty one for you.
This Pecan and Caramel Dessert recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a not-too-complicated dessert idea that comes together deliciously. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal.
For this recipe, I used a box cake mix to save some time. I like to keep boxed mixes on hand because it helps me makes a perfect dessert for celebrations rather quickly. Who doesn't love cupcakes?
This festive cupcake recipe incorporates the flavors of pecans and caramel in a way that really embraces the colors and flavors of the season.
We love cupcakes here on Organized Island. They are just the perfect little dessert and you can really make them fun and festive by changing up the flavors and are always eaten up.
For more great cupcake recipes, check out these:
- Simple Caramel Apple Cupcakes - Delicious spice cake cookies with a buttercream frosting and a caramel drizzle.
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes – Easy pumpkin spice made in minutes!
- Nutella Swirl Cupcakes – These are beautiful cupcakes for hazelnut lovers
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, please consider it. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
These are a perfect for a Thanksgiving dessert too!
Caramel Pecan Cupcakes
Caramel Pecan Cupcakes
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup caramel pieces
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, water, oil, and eggs.
- Beat until well-blened by hand 2 minutes
- Fold in ¼ cup pecans and ¼ cup caramel pieces.
- Pour into prepared cupcake liners
- Bake per package directions.
- Prepare Buttercream frosting (below)
- Top with remaining pecans and caramel pieces.
Easy Buttercream Frosting
¼ cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk or water
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
Cream butter with an electric mixer on low speed.
Add sugar slowly one-half cup at a time and blend.
Add milk and vanilla extract.
Whip on medium speed until frosting peaks.
Frost when cupcakes have cooled.
- This recipe is really streamlined by using a boxed mix. But you can save some time by chopping the pecans ahead of time for the cupcakes and the topping.
- Mix the pecans and caramel pieces ahead of time and keep in a baggie so they are ready to go.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us and let us know!