This Caramel Pecan Bar Recipe makes a wonderful treat that is a cross between a cookie and a blondie, but better! I love them because they are soft like a cookie, but stand up like a blondie.
Made with a just-right caramel filling is and chopped pecans, these never last long in the house.
I also love the milk chocolate chips as they propel this to a seriously-addicting level for dessert bars.
You whip up and bake the batter, then top with the chips,
add the pecans
and then top with the melted caramel sauce on top.
Then you top it with a little more batter and put the entire baking pan back in the oven so that the flavors can all come together.
You will need to cool completely before you cut into bars, but let me tell you, the result is a delightful semi-salted caramel cookie bar with crunchy pecans and sweet milk chocolate.
So good! These caramel bar cookies are great as a dessert, after-school snack or with a cup of coffee or tea. They also make a nice gift idea for the holidays. Be sure to bookmark or pin this recipe!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later.
Caramel Pecan Bar Recipe
Caramel Pecan Bars
- 1 cup caramel candies
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 T milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a bowl, mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and egg.
- Add butter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the about crumbly batter into an 8 x 8 square pan and press onto bottom.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt caramels and milk together in a saucepan over low heat.
- Pull baked crust out of oven.
- Sprinkle the milk chocolate chips and chopped pecans over the cooked batter and spread evenly.
- Drizzle the melted caramels and then top with the remaining crust batter.
- Return pan to oven 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Check out these other fabulous cookie recipes. What is your favorite cookie?