This Simple Lasagna is a tasty recipe that can put together in about 30 minutes, with a little preparation. This is my own recipe and while it takes a few minutes to prepare, it just cooks nicely on the stove for a half an hour, allowing me to multitask while it is cooking.
Be sure to check out the timesaving tips at the end of the recipe! This is a keeper for sure and goes great with this cheesy garlic bread!
Hi Friends! Today I am sharing a simple lasagna recipe, when you want to save some time and effort but change up the dinner menu. I love this recipe because it is very easy and also it has fewer lasagna noodles and less cheese than the traditional style
For me, less pasta and cheese means fewer calories, while still enjoying the great taste of lasagna.
How to Make Simple Lasagna
First, you cook your meat and onions,
and cook until nicely browned.
Then you add tomatoes, spices,
and lasagna noodles
and cover it and cook on the stove.
The final step is adding the cheese.
and before you know it – dinner is served!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe!
For more great stovetop recipes, check out:
- Shrimp Scampi – A delicious meal idea with shrimp in a garlic butter sauce!
- Stovetop Pork Chops – Made with a light mustard sauce on your stovetop. Delicious and easy!
- One-Pot – Chicken and Rice – tangy chicken and wild rice all made in a single skillet.
Easy Skillet Lasagna
Simple Skillet Lasagna
- 1/4 C chopped onions
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles not fast cooking type
- 3/4 C mozzerella cheese
- 1/3 C low-fat skim ricotta cheese
- Over medium high heat mix together chopped onions and ground beef.
- Drain meat and add can of tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water, oregano, basil, salt, garlic salt, and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Tear apart about five lasagna noodles in about 1/1/2" pieces and push the noodles underneath the sauce a bit. Cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add mozzarella cheese by sprinkling on noodles. And the ricotta in little teaspoon dollops.
- Heat through and serve.
- Prechop the onions ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for later.
- You can cook the ground beef and onion ahead of time reduce the cooking time which is great for weeknights.
- Pregrease your pan for easier clean up!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Does your family like lasagna?