Today I am sharing a Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe that makes a great easy weeknight dinner. Besides skillet spaghetti, this is one of my favorite ground beef recipes. My ground beef stroganoff recipe from scratch does not have canned cream soup.
I used to make this recipe with creamy canned soup, but over the years, I changed the recipe to use a broth instead.
This is a perfect meal when you need something on the table quickly and do not have a lot of time. It is also a great recipe if you have ground beef that you are looking to use in a recipe and did I tell you that you can make it all in one pan? Score!
Now, while stroganoff tastes really good with steak, this beef stroganoff with ground beef is much easier on the food budget. We like our Beef stroganoff recipe with sour cream but you can also use cream cheese or whipping cream if you like. This post contains affiliate links.
Everything comes together in one pan, starting with the ground beef.
Once you drain the beef, I add a little beef broth to facilitate the cooking of the mushrooms,
and the noodles,
At the end, you must add a little sour cream on top and it's ready, making it a delicious meal.
It makes a perfect lunch or dinner recipe that is so simple to make so you have more time to enjoy your day!
These are perfect for eating in plates or pasta bowls.
To make the ground beef stroganoff without sour cream, just omit and use whipping cream.
Don't forget to pin this recipe.
One Pan Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can beef broth 14.5 oz
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups uncooked egg noodles
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions chopped
- Brown ground beef and onions in skillet over medium heat.
- Once beef is brown, drain grease.
- Add to skillet broth, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Heat over medium heat about 10 minutes until mixture starts to boil.
- Add uncooked noodles to pan
- Cover and heat on low 20 minutes.
- Check noodles for doneness and when done,add sour cream.
- If sauce is watery, you can add a little flour mixed with water. (In a separate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon water to ¾ cup water and heat in saucepan. Add a tablespoon of mixture to pan)
- Top with green onions
- Makes 3-4 servings.
- Use presliced, precleaned mushrooms from your grocers
- Leftover ground beef is perfect for this recipe.
Want more - What to make with ground beef?
For more Easy ground beef recipes, check out this one pot beef pasta reipe!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.