This Fresh Cherry Cobbler recipe is not made with cherry pie filling, this actually uses fresh apples and fresh cherries. I wanted to bake with the fresh cherries that are in season right now and I thought that this would be a nice way to incorporate the cherry taste. I made this the other morning to go with our morning coffee. I have not made a cobbler or coffee cake in a while and thought it was time!
I bought my cherries and apples at the market and because they are both in season, the prices were pretty good. It was not hard to make as I modified an old apple cobbler recipe.
This fruit cobbler recipe can be made with lots of different fruit combinations and is great with coffee and absolutely wonderful with ice cream. If you do not have ice cream, check out this no churn recipe and you can make it yourself.
Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- For the filling:
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- 2 apples (I used golden delicious)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- For the topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter (cold, not softened), cut into small bits
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 13"x9" baking pan (I prefer to use butter)
- Wash cherries and apples.
- Peel apples and chop both apples and cherries into small pieces
- In a bowl, mix together filling ingredients
- Pour ingredients into baking pan
- In a separate bowl, mix together all topping ingredients
- Batter will be crumbly
- Pour batter over fruit filling to cover entire pan
- Bake 35-40 minutes until topping is golden brown
I am kicking off my birthday weekend today so I am looking forward to seeing family and friends. What do you have going on this weekend?