These skillet pork chops are a simple meal idea for a weeknight. Made with a brown sugar sauce, they are tangy and tender. They can be made in a single skillet which makes clean up a breeze. I like to make these when pork chops are on sale and I usually serve them with a salad and rice or potato.
I love to use my cast iron skillet for this pork chop skillet dinner, but a regular frying pan works great too!
Skillet Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork chops ½ - ¾" thick
- ½ onion, sliced
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch of garlic salt
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Place oil in skillet and heat on medium high.
- Meanwhile, season pork chops with a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Place chops in hot oil and cook about 4 -5 minutes each side
- Set aside out of pan,
- in same skillet add 1 tablespoon oil
- Saute onions until they start to get clear
- Add ketchup and then brown sugar to mixture and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pork chops back to skillet and cover with brown sugar and onion sauce.
- Cover and cook another 7-8 minutes until internal temperature of 160° is reached
How do you like your pork chops?
This recipe was recently featured on Southern Plate’s Meal Plan Monday.