Banana Bread Cookies make a nice treat any day, but they are especially tasty on Banana Bread Day. Yes, it is an actual day (February 23)! But you do not need an excuse to make these tasty little treats because they are good any day of the year.
These little morsels of banana bread goodness are the perfect treat when you just want a little taste of banana bread to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Or when you have overripe bananas.
I do not like eating mushy bananas so I bake them into these or bread. These smell so good right out of the oven. These are nice and soft too because they are less dense than banana bread.
They are also perfect for brunch, lunchboxes and tea parties too.
Soft Banana Bread Cookie Recipe
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla etract
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas, ripe and peeled.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Mash banana in separate bowl, then add to sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and once blended, add to mixture.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until lightly brown.
Have you tried baking Banana Bread Cookies before?
Need more banana recipes?