Banana Bread Cookies make a nice treat any day, but they are especially tasty on Banana Bread Day. Yes, it is an actual day (February 23)! But you do not need an excuse to make these tasty little treats because they are good any day of the year.
Hi Friends! It’s been so much fun getting out and enjoying the weather lately. We have been to concerts, weddings and a few beach outings. I love getting out this time of year and today I want to share with you a great cookie recipe idea that is perfect for picnics, lunch boxes and after school snacks.
Made with bananas, it is like a mini-banana bread treat. Perfect when you want just a bite of a dessert but don’t want to feel guilty. Those are my favorite desserts ever! Because life is too short to eliminate desserts!
These little morsels of banana bread goodness are the perfect treat when you just want a little taste of banana bread to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Or when you have overripe bananas.
I do not like eating mushy bananas so I bake them into these or bread. These smell so good right out of the oven. These are nice and soft too because they are less dense than banana bread.
They are also perfect for brunch, lunchboxes and tea parties too.
Have you tried baking Banana Bread Cookies before?
Need more banana recipes?
We’ve got some great cookie recipes too!
- Best ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Really Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Crispy Cranberry Pecan Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft Banana Bread Cookie Recipe
Banana Bread Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas ripe and peeled.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Mash banana in separate bowl, then add to sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and once blended, add to mixture.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until lightly brown.