A delicious and easy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe that not only makes a great cake-like cookie, it is a nice way to use up extra bananas!
Hello and welcome to a new week! We enjoyed another great weekend of football and fun. We enjoyed a concert on Saturday at the harbor and on Sunday, we went to the first LA Rams game of the season. While I did not make these cookies this weekend, these are a perfect treat for your next tailgate party.
These Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are very soft and almost cake-like cookies. As you know, we often make banana bread and banana bread cookies, but the addition of the milk chocolate pieces add an entirely new level to these favorite cookies. These are the perfect cookies to make-ahead of time and they are a nice lunch box treat.
I like to use chopped milk chocolate candy bars in this recipe, but it also comes out nice with semi-sweet chocolate as well. You can substitute chocolate chips for the chopped chocolate pieces in the recipe if that is what you have on hand. The first time I made these, I had quite a few mini chocolate bars left over from Halloween, so that is how I originally made them. I also just love the look of the chocolate chunks in the cookies as they add a nice element to the cookie.
These light and fluffy cookies are a great way to use up leftover bananas too.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Â¾ cup
- Â½ cup brown sugar
- Â½ cup sugar\
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Â½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 bananas, ripe and peeled.
- Â½ cup pieces chopped chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350Â°.
- Mix together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until blended
- Mash banana in a separate bowl, then add to sugar mixture.
- Mix dry ingredients (except chocolate) Â in a second bowl and once blended, add to mixture.
- Gently fold in chocolate pieces
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until lightly brown.
How was your weekend?