This easy Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup Recipe is made easily in your slow cooker. It only takes just a few minutes of preparation and in a few hours, you will have a hearty, delicious soup that the whole family will love.
This Crockpot Hamburger Soup recipe is not only simple to make with frozen vegetables, but it is also relatively inexpensive to make as well. Be sure to check out my time-saving tips after the recipe.
Hey Friends! I wanted to share an easy slow cooker meal with you today.
Why This Recipe?
What I love about this recipe is that while it takes a few minutes to prepare the ground beef, the meal is made with simple ingredients and practically makes itself. It is a perfect hearty soup for the fall and winter months.
This hamburger stew is perfect when you are looking for a dinner that you can throw together in the slow cooker and just let it go. This is great for a day when you don't want to have to think about preparing dinner later. It's also very economical to make and is often called a poor man's soup.
This beef broth soup is made with just a few ingredients that are easy to find.
Ground Beef – of course, this is the star of this show. I like to a 90% lean ground beef, but you can use one with a little more fat too. You can substitute the hamburger meat with ground turkey or ground chicken if you like.
Potatoes – I like to use russet potatoes, but you can also use small yellow potatoes or red potatoes for this recipe. Just be sure to wash them prior to adding to the slow cooker.
Tomatoes - I use diced tomatoes for this recipe, I do not use tomato sauce or tomato paste, but you could add a ½ cup it if you wanted a stronger tomato flavor.
Vegetables – Save some time and use a bag of frozen vegetables - whatever is on sale. There are many different types of frozen vegetable medleys and they are an easy way to change up the soup. I like to use a mix with green beans, zucchini and bell peppers.
Slow cookers are perfect for making so many meals, but I especially love to use it for soups because letting the flavors simmer together for hours makes for a wonderful and comforting meal. This recipe is the perfect soup to come home to after a long day.
How to make Crockpot Hamburger Soup
- Ground the beef on the stove.
- Grab some frozen vegetables.
- Drain the excess grease from the browned beef.
- Throw it all in a slow cooker and simmer on low.
Serve this hearty soup with crusty bread or buttermilk biscuits for a comforting meal.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
Hamburger Soup Recipe
Crockpot Hamburger Soup
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen vegetables
- 1 teaspoon Italialn seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Peel and chop potatoes
- Drain ground beef and place in a slow cooker.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients to ground beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
- You can use a bag of frozen vegetables with this soup recipe. There are several varieties and you can change up the soup with most of them.
- You can have browned ground beef ready to go in the freezer to save some time. Mornings are busy and it can help if you have a sealed freezer bag of ground beef ready to go in the freezer.
- The smaller you cut your potatoes, the less time it will take for this soup to cook.
- You can make this ahead of time and have it ready for the next day.
Can you make this in an Instant pot?
Yes, just brown the meat with the saute function and drain. Add remaining ingredients and cook 10-12 minutes. You can also use the instant pot to reheat the soup.
Can you Freeze this soup?
Yes, this soup freezes well when stored in an airtight container.
For more great ground beef recipes ideas, check out:
- Taco Pasta - one of our fan favorites -made on your stove top and an easy and delicious dinner recipe.
- Ham Potato Cheese Soup - Flavorful, delicious and easy to make.
- Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese – An easy crockpot pasta recipe that does not require pre-boiling of the pasta. So good and so easy!
- Taco Soup - A family favorite yummy soup recipe for taco lovers.
- Creamy Potato Cheese Soup - A hearty meal made with just a few inexpensive ingredients.
- One-Pot Beef Pasta – A delicious Homemade hamburger helper pasta recipe with ground beef, vegetables and macaroni noodles made in a single pan.
- Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta – Chicken, bacon, cheese and pasta come together for a wonderfully flavorful, comforting dinner idea
We hope you enjoyed this easy hamburger soup recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.