This easy Hamburger Soup Recipe is made easily in your slow cooker. It only takes just a few minutes of preparation and in a few hours, you will have a hearty, delicious soup
This Crockpot Hamburger Soup recipe is not only simple to make with frozen vegetables, but it is also relatively inexpensive to make as well. Be sure to check out my time-saving tips after the recipe.
Hey Friends! I wanted to share an easy slow cooker meal with you today. What I love about this recipe is that while it takes a few minutes to prepare the ground beef, the meal cookies itself.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a dinner that you can throw together in the slow cooker and it cooks all day. This is great for a day when you don’t want to have to think about preparing dinner later. It’s also very economical to make.
This soup is made with just a few ingredients that are easy to find.
Ground Beef – of course, this is the star of this show. I like to a 90% lean ground beef, but you can use one with a little more fat too.
Potatoes – I like to use russet potatoes, but you can also use small white or red potatoes for this recipe. Just be sure to wash them prior to adding to the slow cooker.
Vegetables – Save some time and use a bag of frozen vegetables – whatever is on sale. There are many different types of frozen vegetable medleys and they are an easy way to change up the soup.
Slow cookers are perfect for making so many meals, but I especially love to use it for soups because letting the flavors simmer together for hours makes a wonderful and comforting.
Variations on this recipe
You can use ground turkey for this recipe if you like.
How to make Hamburger Soup
- Ground the beef on the stove.
- Grab some frozen vegetables.
- Drain the browned beef.
- Throw it all in a slow cooker and simmer on low.
For more great ground beef recipes ideas, check out:
- Taco Pasta – one of our fan favorites – pinned thousands of time as it is an easy and delicious dinner recipe.
- Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese – An easy crockpot pasta recipe that does not require pre-boiling of the pasta. So good and so easy!
- One-Pot Beef Pasta – A delicious pasta recipe with ground beef and vegetables made in a single pan.
- Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta – Chicken, bacon, cheese and pasta come together for a wonderfully flavorful, comforting dinner idea
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe!
Hamburger Soup Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen vegetables
- 1 teaspoon Italialn seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Peel and chop potatoes
- Drain ground beef and place in a slow cooker.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- You can use a bag of frozen vegetables with this soup recipe. There are several varieties and you can change up the soup with most of them.
- You can have browned ground beef ready to go in the freezer to save some time. Mornings are busy and it can help if you have a baggie of ground beef ready to go in the freezer.
- The smaller you cut your potatoes, the less time it will take for this soup to cook.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.